Welcome Aboard "Pro Se"! This is a well founded Whitby 42, very well equipped by a knowledgeable owner. "Pro Se" is ready to go to sea.
"Pro Se" has an easily handled sail plan with all furling sails. All sails are in excellent condition.
With very low hours on the Volvo main engine and generator, this vessel has a long and useful life ahead.
All practical aspects for a sea going vessel are met and kept in a "ready to go" condition.
The owner has three boat's, in which this one and a 2006 Hunter 45 are for sale. Both vessels are well equipped and kept in "top notch" condition. Either would make a very good choice for the prospective buyer.
Please be sure to see the "Full Specs" and video sections for a more in depth look at "Pro Se" along with a walk through of the vessel.
Please note: Dinghy is negotiable.
* 62 hp Volvo Penta main engine Mod. MD 30 A with 2989 operating hours.
* Westerbeke Generator with 545 operating hours.
* In mast furling mainsail and mizzen.
* Feathering Max Prop 18d propeller.
* Two solar panels with control box* New 2015: Reconditioned fuel injector pump and injectors.
* New 2017 digital wind, depth and speed intruments.
* New 2015: Cockpit cushions.
* New 2015: One start battery
* New 2015: One bow thruster battery.
* Hew 2015: Four 6v deep cycle house batteries.
* New 2015: Sunbrella Bimini Top.
* New 2014: Raymarine Multifunction Display at helm. $3162
* New 2014: Raymarine 4KW digital radome scanner. $1488
* New 2014: Raymarine weather receiver with antenna. $744
* New 2014: Standard Horizon VHF transceiver.
* New 2014: Raymarine Sailpilot Evolution Autopilot. $1860
* New 2014: Navionics 904P+ Platinum Charts. $399
* New 2014: Three Maretron tank level monitors. $195
* New 2014: New engine guages at helm. $500
* New 2014: Fusion audio AM/FM/DVD Sirius. $608
* New 2014: Fusion wired remote. $165
* New 2014: Fusion universal phone dock. $120
* New 2014: Sirius receiver. $70
* New 2014: Shakespeare sirius antenna. $90
* New 2014: Bose speakers for Salon. $279 for pair.
* New 2014: Seaview mast mount for TV. $320
* New 2014: Boat davits. $3403
* New 2017 digital wind, depth and speed instruments.
* Warm teak abounds here, newly varnished.
* Teak deck grate.
* Full canvass enclosure with clear Isinglass.
* Raymarine E70023-LNC e-125 12" multifunction display.
* Raymarine T70168 RD418HD 4kw 18" Digital Radome.
* Raymarine T70155 EV-200 Sailpilot Evolution Autopilot.
* Autopilot control head: P70
* 2014 Faris engine guages: RPM,temp, fuel and voltage.
* Horizon submersible RAM mike.
* Ritchie magnetic Powerdamp Compass.
* Depth sounder.
* Speed log.
* Wind direction true/apparent.
* Bow thruster joy stick control.
* Cockpit speakers.
* Whale emergency hand pump.
* Storage under Seating.
* Port seating compartment houses Pressurized hose bib.
* Ultra Leather settee's to port and starboard with storage under.
* Fold away teak dining table on forward bulkhead.
* 28" Samsung TV on forward bulkhead.
* Weems and Plath clock and barometer.
* MarinAire A/C control.
* Cabinetry for stowage (teak) behind settee's.
* Teak sole.
* Brass ships bell.
* Two 12 VDC fans.
* Teak overhead grab rails.
* Ventilation hatch overhead.
* Four brass reading lights.
* Hillerange Stainless three burner propane stove with oven.
* Panasonic microwave oven.
* Double stainless sink.
* Sea Frost in counter refrigeration with freezer section. Large!
* In counter pot's and pan's stowage.
* Propane: Two steel tanks at 7 lbs. each.
* Propane leak detector.
* Ultra Leather seat with chart desk.
* Fusion Audio/Sirius XM.
* Standard Horizon Spectrum VHF Transceiver.
* Fresh water tank control, bilge pump switch and fuel level monitor.
* Chart light.
* EPIRB mount.
* "V" type berth with filler section mounted securely on bulkhead.
* Chain locker access.
* Anchor windlass and bow thruster Switches.
* Reading lights.
* 12 VDC fan.
* Storage lockers to port and starboard lining bulkheads.
* hanging locker.
* Under berth drawers.
* Escape hatch with fold down step to access.
* Stainless sink with under counter storage.
* Liquids dispenser.
* Medicine cabinet.
* Jabsco manual flush toilet
* Faucet can be rigged for shower.
* Thwartships double berth with storage behind and under.
* Storage cabinets line both bulkheads port and starboard.
* Coby flat screen TV.
* Hatch to Cockpit.
* Hanging locker and cabinet to starboard.
* Brass reading lights.
* A/C control pad.
12 VAC fan.
* Large counter with stainless sink.
* Jabsco manual toilet.
* Shower with curtain.
* Large mirror.
* Stowage cabinets built into bulkhead.
* 4.5? Westerbeke diesel genset will run both A/C units.
* Genset has 545 operating hours.
* 120 VAC/12VDC panel in passage with breakers, guages and battery switch.
* Cen-Tech 3000 watt Inverter.
* Electrical outlets are doubled for inverter and standard circuit.
* Four 6v House batteries.
* One start battery.
* One bow thruster battery.
* Xantrex 20 amp battery charger.
* Two solar panels with solar control box.
* Two 135 amp alternators. One active and one mounted spare.
* Two battery cutout switches to engine and generator.
* Dual 30 amp electrical shore power inlets.
* Volvo Penta 62 hp. MD 30 A Diesel main engine with 2989 hrs.
* Oil change system: "Reverso" for generator and Main engine.
* Reduction Gear: 1.5 to 1 Volvo Penta.
* Propeller shaft: 1 1/2" Stainless.
* Racor 900 fuel filter/water separator.
* Three blade Max Prop 18d feathering Propeller.
* Fuel tank material: aluminum
* Three grounded fuel tanks with two being in use.
* Fuel vent type B-2.
* Engine shut off outside of engine room.
* Fresh water cooled engine.
* Engine control lever: Push pull cable.
* Fuel supply hose type A-1.
* Fuel fill's: Main deck, port and starboard.
* Three bilge pumps.
* Fire Boy automatic fire suppression system.
* On demand Hot and cold pressurized water.
* Two fiberglass with aluminum top Fresh water tanks at 80 gal. each.
* Water fill's: Main deck to port and starboard.
* Ketch rigged with two forward triangles.
* Mast: Keel stepped.
* Forward genoa with Schaefer roller furling.
* Mizzen genoa with Pro-Furl roller furling.
* In mast roller furling mainsail.
* In mast roller furling Mizzen sail.
* All sails in good condition.
* Standing rigging: 1x19 Stainless steel cable.
* Winches: Primary-(2) Lewmar #55 ST.
* Winches: Secondary-(2) Lewmar #43.
* Winches: Halyard service-(4) Lewmar #30and (3)Lewmar #8.
* Maxwell Nillson vertical shaft anchor windlass.
* 35# CQR (plow) mounted.
* 25# Danforth spare.
* Chain and nylon rode.
* Electrical foot switch on bow.
Stepping aboard "Pro Se" for the first time, one is met with a clean and orderly craft that is ready to go to sea. The owner is experienced and it is obvious that he knows what he needs to succeed in a seagoing endeavor.
The owner has two sailing vessels and both are kept ready.
Moving around the main deck there are no soft spots and the rigging appears to be in very good condition. The ground tackle is easy to operate and is equipped with a CQR anchor and Danforth spare. The two forward triangles are roller furling as are the main and mizzen sails. A new and full canvas enclosure surrounds the center cockpit. Substantial dinghy davits are mounted on the stern along with an outboard motor davit which can be used to hoist a person aboard as well. A life raft is located atop the aft cabin and solar panels are atop the davit arms.
Inside the cockpit newly refinished teak abounds and it is quite attractive and out of the weather. The vessel is very well equipped with all the necessary navigation equipment. The Isinglass is clear looking out and everything is neat and orderly. The aft cabin can be accessed from the cockpit or through a passage below decks that connects to the Salon.
Down the companionway the galley is located immediately to port and the navigation station is to starboard. There are no strange odors here, but rather smells very clean and pleasant. Here also is an "L" shaped settee to port and a bench settee to starboard, lushly covered in what appears to be a leather material. The Salon table folds up and out of the way, affording plenty of room to move around in a seaway without stumbling over a table.
Moving on to the forward stateroom, I could actually see spending the night here. Plenty of room for two with reading lights and good ventilation.
The forward head is just a step away and to port. One can shower here and it is quite roomy. Again clean with no strange odors. A manual flush toilet resides here which is much less likely to fail than the electric counterpart. Less noisy too!
Headed aft and to the navigation table, one notices that all the necessary navigational instruments are repeated here just like in the cockpit. Immediately behind the nav station is a counter with the electrical panel.
Directly across from this is an actual engine room. Not huge, but larger than most, with things being easy to reach.
Aft in the Master is an athwartships double berth. Here also is a large ensuite head with shower fixture and a manual toilet. There is ample stowage in both the forward and aft staterooms, including hang up closets.
"Pro Se" is well equipped and ready to go, therefore the potential buyer will not be saddled with the expense and annoyance of having to do these things oneself. The owner has spent knowledgeable money on this boat and has spent nothing in vain. The vessel is continuously cared for and it is felt that this vessel is very worth considering.
Please contact Thomas at: 1-256-710-4419
Quality Listings, Professional Brokers
Licensed and Bonded
Bus: 727-449-8222 FAX: 727-461-9379
Sometimes ya have to take the "chance" to find what you're seeking in life!