1974 Custom Trawler 50 Fathom Penobscot Pilothouse
Truly inspired updates and extensive renovations make this authentic downeast 1974 Penobscot classic Polaris a successful blend of experience, form, and function. Her hull and deck were completely and professionally fiberglassed in 2000 using the popular C -FLEX sheathing system, which involves layers of mat and woven glass saturated with Vinylester resin that bonds chemically and mechanically to the hull, achieving a smooth, watertight and durable finish. Her hull is faired perfectly and painted with Awlgrip products. She boasts new rub rails and toe rails of mahogany.
The quality of all this work is evident, and has resulted in an impressive, solid cruising yacht: attractive, dry and free of maintenance issues. This legendary 1974 Penobscot Fifty Fathom design is now fully modernized, easy to maintain, and will turn heads in any harbor.
- New John Deere 6068 TFM Electronic 200 HP diesel installed in 2009.
- Only 500 hours of engine run time.
- Efficient operation, Deere burns 3 gallons per hour at 1800 rpm, at a comfortable 9 knot cruise.
- Professional mechanical and electrical care throughout.
- 9 KW Onan generator installed new in 2009.
- Sensational pilothouse, well appointed with period details.
- Bow thruster, 7 HP Side Power
- Choice electronics (owner is a professional in the marine electrical business)
- Fuel tanks changed in 1998
- Solar powered battery charging
- Sea Recovery 16 GPH Watermaker
- Isotherm refrigerator and freezer, stainless steel drawer model.
- Versatile and spacious mid-deck cockpit area
- Forepeak stateroom cabin with en-suite head.
- Main salon is aft and functions as a master cabin, salon, and library.
- Starboard pilot berth is privately set in the side cabin.
- Full head with separate shower stall is midships aft of Pilothouse.
- Galley to port.
- Built in Rockland, Maine by Carl Lane. Boat beautifully retains the refreshing character of an earlier period while having the advantage of modern, updated components.
- 12' aluminum tender included with Yamaha 10 HP Outboard
- Third solar panel and wind generator added- for 10 amp charging in flow when producing. Battery capacity and charging allows for refrigeration and 12v watermaker to run without diesel generator, while quietly anchored out.
- Custom Trawler
- 50 Fathom Penobscot Pilothouse
- St Augustine, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 44 ft - 13.41 meter
- 14 ft 6 in - 4.42 meter
- Draft - max:
- 4 ft 6 in - 1.37 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 26000 lbs
- John Deere
- 6068 TFM Electronic
- Cruise Speed:
- 10 MPH
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 210 (Individual), 210 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 17 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 300 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 75 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
- Furuno 1832 Radar
- Furuno 30 GPS
- Icom M506 VHF
- Garmin 4212 GPS Chartplotter with Depth
- 100w Stereo
- Icom VHF M45
- Robertson N100 AutoPilot
- Rudder angle indicator
- Garmin GPS lll
- Danforth Brass compass
- Working Brass Telegraph Shifter Throttle
- Simpson Lawrence wooden wheel
- XM Satellite Radio
- 8" Spotlight with Pilothouse control
- Dual Air Horns
- Upside down compass, and fan in Pilot berth
- Bow Thruster, Side Power 8 HP with joy stick
- CruiseAir Air- conditioning units; 5000 BTU forward and 16000 BTU aft. 2 Rule 3600 GPH bilge pumps with Pilothouse controls. Shower sump. Stuffing box sump bilge pump. FloJet freshwater pump.
- Two windlasses. One vertical Ideal electric windlass with 150' SS chain and 65 lb Danforth anchor. One Simpson Lawrence SeaTiger manual windlass with 250 ' of high tensile galv. chain with 45 lb CQR. Other anchors with inventory include one 35 lb Fisherman, one 70 lb fisherman, one 22 lb Danforth. Extra chain, shackles and two 600' lengths of 5/8 rode. Anchor lock sump with electric pump. One 50A 120/240 shore cord. One 30 A cord with 50A ends.
- Originally built in 1974 by Carl Lane in Rockland, Maine of cedar on oak frames with bronze fasteners. Use of modern C-FLEX sheathing system has produced an incredibly strong boat and hull. Modern, quality components and systems were selected for the recent updates. Boat retains beautifully the charm and character of an earlier marine period.
- Groco manual head fwd., 12 gallon holding tank with Whaler gusher pump-out, Groco head aft.
- Delta T blowers for engine room with custom, classic deck dorades. Custom SS, foam and glass fish tail styled rudder.
- Borg Warner 72C Direct Drive 2.57:1 transmission gear. Michigan 26 x 18 four bladed prop. 2" SS shaft. Fuel transfer pump. Racor filters, fuel selection manifold. Hydraulic Teleflex steering. Emergency tiller.
- Forward mast hinged on SS tabernacle, new in 2009. Steps to crow's nest, foredeck light, Spotlight, anchor light. Jib.
- Aft mast with LED deck lights. Radar. Lightning suppressor, steadying sail with battens.
- 12' Wooldrich aluminum shore boat, Yamaha 10 HP outboard.
- New hydraulic steering ram.
- Awning to shade center well deck
- New bronze bolts 3/4 inch installed to hold cutlass bearing housing. 12 inches depth. Very strong!
- Haulout and bottom job December 2016.
- New dripless stuffing box
- New 75 Gallon water tank
- 2009 Onan 9 KW generator electronic control
- 50 amp shore power, 120/240 1 phase
- Auto relay switch for shore-generator-inverter
- Xantrex 2000W inverter
- Xantrex 100A Charger
- Link 2000 Control and battery monitor
- 2 Kyocera 80 W Solar panels, with Blue Sky regulator
- 3 Relion 100 AH lithium batteries
- 1 AGM Deka 12 volt, group 31 batteries -starting
- 1 Deka 12 volt, group 24 generator starting
- Blue Sea disconnect switches all battery banks
- Spacious counter space and storage.
- Functional, classic galley.
- Luke propane 3 burner stove top.
- Luke propane oven.
- Isotherm drawer refrigeration- two drawers.
- Sharp microwave.
- Isotherm 1 drawer freezer.
- Galley exhaust blower.
- Instant hot water heater
- Three 20 lbs propane bottles stored in false stack on deck.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.customContactInformation
I'm always looking for great listings for my clients! Please contact me if you have a boat you would like to sell!
Melanie Sunshine Neale
Licensed & Bonded Yacht & Ship Salesperson
Out-of-State buyers can now buy and use their boat in beautiful Florida for 180 days with No Florida Sales Tax! Ask your EYS broker how!
Melanie Neale 31 Listing(s)
QUICK SEARCH BY:
2006 Hampton 558 PilothouseSatellite Beach, FL, US $695,000
2001 Carver 530 Voyager PilothouseSarasota, FL, US $369,500
2006 Altamar 50Coconut Grove, FL, US $340,000
2015 American Tug 485Stuart, FL, US $999,990
2000 Sea Ray 480 Sedan BridgeUnknown, TT $249,999
2007 Four Winns 378 VistaNewburg, MD, US $149,900
2008 Hunter 45 Deck SalonMobile, AL, US $199,000
2005 Meridian 411 Sedan 450 CumminsPunta Gorda, FL, US $234,900
2008 Cranchi Mediterranee 47 HTMiami, FL, US $209,000
2005 Hunter 420Port Canaveral, FL, US $149,900
2010 Sea Vee 340 OpenMiami, FL, US $227,500
1991 Hatteras Cockpit Motor YachtGloucester, MA, US $299,900
2010 Voyage Yachts 500St Augustine, FL, US $559,000
2003 Mainship Pilot 34Pensacola, FL, US $109,900
1989 Hi-Star 48 SundeckPensacola, FL, US $125,000
1997 Tartan Yachts 4100Fort Myers, FL, US $155,000
1995 Hunter 40.5 Wing KeelPunta Gorda, FL, US $86,900
1974 Custom Trawler 50 Fathom Penobscot PilothouseSt Augustine, FL, US $169,000
2015 Boston Whaler 315 ConquestMiami, FL, US $263,900
1977 Gulfstar Center Cockpit SloopLighthouse Point, FL, US $89,000
1989 Hatteras 74 CPMYPort Canaveral, FL, US $390,000
2006 Intrepid 370 CCMiami Beach, FL, US $176,000
1991 Bruce Roberts 43' Spray Fiberglass KetchGreen Cove Springs, FL, US $89,900
1998 Voyage Yachts 430 Owner's VersionSt Augustine, FL, US $249,000