1986 Slocum Cutter - OWNER MOTIVATED - WILLING TO "DEAL NOW"
THE SLOCUM 43 IS THE ULTIMATE BLUE WATER CRUISING YACHT. She has been designed to satisfy the most discriminating cruiser searching for a yacht that combines excellence in engineering, performance, comfort and safety. In addition, her richly appointed interior of Burmese teak joiner work, teak and holly sole and fine upholstery, ALL IN LIKE NEW CONDITION, make this well equipped vessel a luxurious yacht that commands attention. There are also some unique features that make MAKAI a standout among her sister ships. Please check the full specs.
THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO OWN AN IMPECCABLE CRUISING YACHT THAT NEEDS NOTHING. SHE STANDS READY TO FULFILL YOUR DREAMS. "THIS IS A MUST SEE".
- Cutter - OWNER MOTIVATED - WILLING TO "DEAL NOW"
- Ft Lauderdale, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Naval Architect Stan Huntingford
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 43 ft - 13.11 meter
- 43 ft - 13.11 meter
- 12 ft 11 in - 3.94 meter
- Draft - max:
- 6 ft 4 in - 1.93 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Perkins 4-108
- Cruise Speed:
- 8 MPH
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 120 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Total Power: 50
Fresh Water: 150 gal (567.8 lt)
FUNCTIONAL AND LUXURIOUS are the two words the best describe MAKAI, from her outside decks to her spacious interior. From the main companionway, a clear view is available of her uncluttered interior. There is a Private Aft Cabin to port, Quarter Berth to starboard w/hanging wet locker, and Nav Station just forward. Moving forward is the full Galley and Dinette to port with Settee to starboard. Forward of the Main Saloon is the Head to port, hanging lockers to starboard and Forward Private Cabin. There is beautiful tongue and grooved finished wood wainscoting on all exposed areas of the hull and behind every closed cabinet and locker. ALL IN COOL AIR CONDITIONED COMFORT, AT SEA OR AT THE DOCK.
- PORT SIDE-
- OWNER'S CABIN: This private cabin is convenient to the main companionway, and contains a comfortable double berth with storage drawers below. There are two over-sized SS opening opening ports and an overhead hatch for light and ventilation, plus reading lights. There is ample space inside the cabin for dressing.
- GALLEY: Forward of the Owner's Cabin is the U-Shaped Galley. This galley will please the most discriminating chef. It is Large, Functional, Contains Loads of Storage, and All The Necessary Equipment (see below). It is also very convenient to the cockpit and inside dinette.
- DINETTE: The U-Shaped dinette is truly exceptional. Her finely finished table is a work of art. A tribute to the fine craftsmanship that went into building this vessel. In addition to the beauty of the dinette is the custom designed functionality of the table. It raises and lowers with a simple twist of the support post. There are also removable sections that convert the table to either a dining table or cocktail and entertainment center. Both configurations maintain her beautifully matched wood grain. There is generous storage located behind filigree tambour doors and wood shelving. Overhead and indirect MOOD lighting provide evening illumination throughout the main saloon. All finished wood areas and upholstery in exquisite condition.
- HEAD: Forward of the main bulkhead is the well appointed head. Included is a separate stall shower w/tub enclosure at it's base and seat. In addition to the W.C. is a teak vanity and ventilated storage locker. Two over-sized SS opening ports give light and ventilation. H/C pressurized water at the Lav and Shower plus fresh water foot pump at lav
- Separate shower sump w/pump
- CABIN: Removable head liner w/teak accent perlins
- All cabin sole panels removable for access to tankage, equipment, and for storage below the sole
- QUARTER BERTH: To starboard of the main companionway is an open quarter berth w/hanging wet locker just forward. Located at the base of the companionway, this berth is perfect for sleeping when sailing short handed. You are just seconds away from the cockpit. In port, it is an ideal storage place for cockpit seat cushions, and other gear.
- NAVIGATION STATION: Forward of the quarter-berth, and near the companionway steps is a classically-styled forward facing Nav Station, consisting of full sized chart table, seat, and ship's electrical system with AC and DC control panels and gages. The electrical panel is hinged, and opens for access to all breakers and buss bars. There is ample storage in finished wood cabinets and shelving. Installed at the Nav Station is a VHF radio and Loran.
- SETTEE: Completing the main saloon is the beautiful curved settee to starboard. At the forward end of the settee is a single cabinet with drawers, and a large hanging locker. Additional storage is behind filigree tambour doors, wood shelves, and beneath the settee.
- PRIVATE FORWARD CABIN: CONSIDER THIS ! THE FORWARD CABIN CAN EITHER BE A PRIVATE CABIN/DEN FOR ONE, OVER/UNDER BUNKS FOR TWO, OR CABIN FOR THREE. This cabin is truly a rare design and unique to this vessel. It contains a full dresser with six drawers. Plus additional locker and cabinet storage. The unique feature of this cabin is it's combination of sleeping/lounging accommodations. The over/under berths easily convert to a full settee by allowing the upper berth to swing into the down position. This converts the space to a private office or den. The upper bunk can also be extended to a full double berth. providing sleeping accommodations for two above, and one below. Great for extended family cruising. All in exquisitely finished woods and upholstery.
A unique feature to this vessel is the exceptional storage facilities of the galley. Numerous finished wood louvered cabinets, secured drawers, and shelves will accommodate most of your utensils and supplies. A bonus, for the extended passage, is the easily removable sole panels with LOADS OF STORAGE AREA below. Heavy goods can be stored low in the boat to increase stability at sea. This heavy displacement cruiser can accommodate all of your supplies without sacrificing her passage making ability.
- Pull out cutting boards , to extend counter space
- Slide out trash bin
- Litton Microwave and convection oven
- Isotherm cold plate refrigeration/freezer
- Two compartment top load, plus front opening frig
- Force 10 3 burner stove
- Double SS sink w/ hot and cold pressure water
- Numerous finished wood cabinets, lockers, and shelving.
- Under sole storage
FULL COMPLIMENT OF ELECTRONICS TO CRUISE THE WORLD
- Furuno radar with mast mounted transceiver array
- Autohelm 6000 auto pilot w/ remote (can be operated from any point above or below decks) - linked directly to rudder post
- Garmin GPS chart plotter
- Dual station Icom VHF w/DCS
- Stowe wind speed and direction
- Navigator 2 knot meter/log
- Combi Nav depth sounder w/ anchor watch alarm
- Security alarm system
- Stereo w/CD player
- Ritchie compass on steering binnacle (like new)
- Full well labeled electrical panel at Nav area w/complete compliment of AC and DC breakers and complete array of gages
- Swing out elec panel for easy access to all wiring and busses
- Two 4D deep cycle batteries
- Two Type 27 marine batteries
- Full switches for combining or separating batteries
- AC outlets throughout cabin
- Protected water proof AC outlets in cockpit
- Two 30 amp external shore power connections
- TV antenna mounted on mast w/cable to all cabins
- Shore antenna connection
- Deck light on mast, illuminates entire forward deck
Deck and Hull Equipment
Hull is hand laid up fiberglass with airex core above the waterline. Decks are all fiberglass with end grain balsa core. Her teak inlays on the decks, cabin top and cockpit are all set into solid fiberglass recesses and are in LIKE NEW CONDITION and give MAKAI a classic and salty appearance. With minor maintenance the teak will keep it's excellent appearance for many, many years to come. The lapstrake finish to her fiberglass hull adds to the classic appeal of this yacht. Her hull has been designed with a sharp entry forward and solid keel with cut-a-way forefoot. This form greatly adds to the performance of the yacht while maintaining excellent tracking ability. Her 9000lb ballast is fully encapsulated in the keel and the skeg hung rudder is sturdy and well supported. A unique and classic look is obtained with the functional, sturdy SS mast guard rails, w/pin rails. The Teak storage trunks on either side of the mast are a pleasing traditional touch. And a great place to keep extra lines. Her bow rollers easily support 2 anchors, and all railings and stanchions are over-sized stainless steel and extremely sturdy.
- Full Bimini and Dodger w/ complete isinglass enclosure
- Deep storage lazarettes, one contains generator
- MOB pole and Life-sling mounted on stern
- Fortress anchor and rode on stern push-pit
- Beautiful teak inlays (see photo)
- Teak and SS steering wheel (see photo)
- Hot/Cold cockpit shower
- Manual emergency bilge pump
- Propane locker w/two tanks, sealed and vented
- Force 10 propane bar-b-q mounted to Wheel extension for more comfortable steering position when seated
- Full cockpit cushions
- Beautiful teak inlays (see photo)
- High teak capped bulwarks for safety, and wide walk around decks
- Over-sized SS opening ports, built in original design to replace weak fixed side cabin windows
- Dorade vents for engine compartment and head
- Five Bowmar hatches w/screens
- Eight opening SS ports in main cabin
- Two opening SS ports in aft cabin
- Two opening SS ports in head
- One opening SS port in forward cabin
- 44lb Bruce anchor w/250 3/8 BBB chain led through hawse pipe to chain locker on bow roller
- 45lb CQR w/chain and rode on bow roller
Mechanical & Engine Room
- Cruise Air 16,000 BTU AC w/heat pump. Digital display and controls. cools entire cabin area
- Perkins 50 Hp engine mounted below cabin sole, all panels in sole are removable giving excellent access to engine
- Electric oil change pump on engine
- NEW Alternator
- Fuel pump recently rebuilt
- Abundant spare parts
- 3 Blade bronze prop
- Westerbeke 8kw Generator - 600 hours
- Two 60 gal fuel tanks with full manifold system to feed engine or generator from one or both tanks
- Two 75 gal fresh water tanks w/ manifold system and access hatches
- Maxwell electric windlass with capstan for line handling forward
- Dual hi/lo electric bilge pumps
Sails & Rigging
MAKAI is an extremely versatile sailing yacht. She is a traditional cutter rigged vessel with the added advantage of a quick release fitting mounted on deck to detach the inner forestay and convert her to an easy to sail single headsail sloop. She has a keel stepped mast and double spreader rig. Another convenient feature are the folding SS mast steps on both sides of the mast that make ascending the mast easy and safe. She has running back stays that although are rarely used with her standard sail plan, can be deployed when needed. All sail controls are led aft to the cockpit.
- All new standing rigging 2007
- All aluminum spars, keel stepped mast
- Teak and SS boom gallows
- Mainsail - excellent condition w/2 reef points
- 150% Genoa on roller furler
- Staysail -hanked on when needed
- Yankee 100% jib sail - (new)
- Plastimo roller furling system (recently rebuilt)
- 2 Barrient #32 self tailing primary winches
- 2 Barrient #22 self tailing secondary sheet winches
- 1 Barrient #22 self tailing Main sheet winch
- 1 barrient #19 self tailing halyard winch
- two additional winches on mast
- Main and Jib halyard PLUS 2 additional halyards
Makai represents not only an excellent value in a proven cruising yacht, but also an excellent investment. She was originally built to the highest construction standards and has been maintained by her original owner in Bristol condition. Most Slocum 43 yachts (52 were originally built) are still cruising and are prized possessions of their knowledgeable owners.
You will not find any similar blue water yacht to compare to MAKAI. Her original quality and excellent current condition make her one of a kind.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Tom Morton 0 Listing(s)
QUICK SEARCH BY:
2006 Intrepid 370 Center ConsoleMiami Beach, FL, US $159,000
2007 Four Winns 378 VistaCalifornia, MD, US $139,000
2007 Sea Ray 44 Sedan BridgePunta Gorda, FL, US $299,000
2015 American Tug 485 FlybridgeStuart, FL, US $999,900
2006 Hampton 558 PilothouseSatellite Beach, FL, US $675,000
2005 Beneteau OceanisAthens, GR $219,000
2008 Hunter 45 Deck SalonPensacola, FL, US $159,900
1989 Hi-Star 48 SundeckPensacola, FL, US $109,900
1974 Custom Trawler 50 Fathom Penobscot PilothouseSt Augustine, FL, US $159,000
2008 Hunter 45 Deck SalonMobile, AL, US $159,900
1989 Hatteras 74 CPMYPort Canaveral, FL, US $350,000