1987 Monk 42 Classic Trawler
This rare classic Monk 42 has been lovingly maintained by her second owners for the last 14 years. Though she shows the handsome lines and handling advantages of all trunk cabin style trawlers, SPRING BREAK sports some really appealing features that make her rise above the typical trawlers of this vintage, such as:
- Twin Cummins diesels will cruise at up to 15kts
- Low hours on engines and genset
- Two master staterooms with centerline berths and ensuite heads
- Galley up with custom cabinetry
- Engine room access door
- Fiberglass hardtop over sundeck and aft deck
- Recent awl grip paint job
- No teak decks!
- Twin windlasses on bow pulpit
- True turnkey condition
SPRING BREAK is one of the nicest trawlers you will find in this price range, and represents a great value as she is ready to cruise today!
- 42 Classic Trawler
- Daytona Beach, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Spring Break
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 43 ft - 13.11 meter
- 14 ft 3 in - 4.34 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 14 MPH
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 210 (Individual), 420 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 17 MPH
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
SPRING BREAK features a clean and bright INTERIOR with quality teak joiner work and teak and holly floors throughout.
Most forward is the VIP suite with a centerline walk around queen berth, with an opening hatch directly above. There is drawer storage below as well as a floor to ceiling bank of drawers on the port side. Opposite the drawers is a full size hanging locker on the starboard side. Bookshelves line the hulls on both sides of the berth.
An ensuite head with electric toilet and shower is aft and to port of the VIP stateroom. Opposite the head is a workshop/tool room that could also be converted to additional storage, laundry, or even a separate walk in shower.
Behind the steps leading to the main cabin is the engine room entrance door, which makes for easy access to the engine room without the need to to move furniture and rugs, or lift heavy floor hatches.
The main cabin features sliding entrance doors on both sides and the lower helm, with full electronics, is forward on the starboard side,. Aft of the helm is the L-shaped galley with generous counter space, double stainless sink, 4 burner propane range, and dual voltage fridge/freezer. Drawers below the counter have custom inserts for silverware and dishes.
The port side of the main cabin has an L-shaoed settee with a fold out table that converts to a double berth. There is ample storage for dry goods under the settee.
Aft of the settee is an attractive hutch with two cabinets and a small countertop.
Moving aft is the master cabin with a full walkaround queen berth. To port is a hanging locker and a dressing vanity with stool, as well as drawers and storage lockers To starboard is a counter with drawers and lockers and another full size hanging locker.
The head is ensuite with electric toilet and a tub shower combination.
SPRING BREAK'S EXTERIOR features a recent awlgrip job with new nonskid on all fiberglass decks. The teak handrail is in excellent condition and high bulwarks make for safe transit fore and aft. She has a fiberglass swim platform with teak insets leading to the aft deck for easy boarding. The trunk cabin top and aft deck are completely shaded by a fiberglass hardtop, and the trunk cabin deck has room for entertaining with four aluminum sunbrella chairs and a table.
The fully enclosed flybridge has a central helm forward with back to back passenger seating either side
- 35 lb. Suncor Stainless CQR Plow; 70’ of 5/16 HT chain, 200ft 5/8 nylon,
- “Quick” 1400 watt electric windlass with chain gypsy and rope capstan combo
- Fortress FX 37 Alum. Fluke Anchor, 18’ 3/8 BBB chain, 200’ 5/8 nylon rode with
- Lewmar manual chain/rope capstan combo windlass
- Dual pilot stations- flybridge and main cabin; engine gauges, navigation controls and electronics available at each.
- Morse throttle and gear levers.
- Teleflex hydraulic steering.
- Garmin 7”touchscreen chartplotter on flybridge, Garmin 545s 5” chartplotter in cabin. GPS controlled anchor drag alarm in aft cabin
- Simard AP11 autopilot- panels on upper and lower pilot stations
- Uniden Class “D” VHF DSC radios with hailer & fog horn feature, wireless remote mike/speaker can control radios from anywhere in the boat
- Sony Marine AM/FM/CD radios; radio in cabin has USB input.
- VDO rudder position gauges
Plumbing & Sanitation
- 160 gal. freshwater in 2 stainless tanks.
- Shureflow pressure pump.
- 11 gal water heater.
- 2 Jabsco electric commodes- marine type in fwd head, household type in aft head
- 35 gal holding tank with deck pump-out fitting and overboard macerator pump-out when cruising offshore. “Y” valve selector.
- 2 30amp 120V A/C circuits with shorepower inlets. Shorepower cord set can use either 2 30 amp dockside receptacles or a 50 amp receptacle.
- 8 KW Northern Lights diesel generator. 1055 hrs
- Surge protectors on each A/C leg
- Xantrex 1000 watt A/C inverter
- 630 amp-hour house battery bank
- Dedicated starting batteries for main engines and generator
- Xantrex 50 amp smart charger for all batteries
- All cabins have both 12 Volt and 120 volt lighting
Propulsion and Fuel
- Cummins model 6BT turbocharged diesels, 210 hp each. 2400hrs
- Twin Disc 502 reverse gears
- 2” stainless shafts driving 25x23 nibral propellers with “Spurs” line cutters
- 365 gal fuel in 2 tanks. Cross feed capability
- Oversized Racor fuel filter/water separators for each engine with vacuum gauges for determining when to change elements
- “Reverso” oil pump for engine and generator oil changing
- Aqualarm engine temperature alarms
- Magic Chef 4 burner propane range with oven
- 7 cu. Foot Norcold refrigerator freezer; 120 or 12 volts, automatic changeover
- GE microwave
- Double stainless sinks
- Custom silverware and plate drawers
3 Mermaid AC units- 16,500 BTU in sleeping cabins and 12,000 BTU in salon. Fwd and Aft units are reverse cycle. Individual thermostat controls.
120 volt electric davit for dinghy on sun deck hard top.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Tom Morton 0 Listing(s)
QUICK SEARCH BY:
1989 Hi-Star 48 SundeckPensacola, FL, US $109,900
2007 Four Winns 378 VistaCalifornia, MD, US $139,000
1974 Custom Trawler 50 Fathom Penobscot PilothouseSt Augustine, FL, US $159,000
1989 Hatteras 74 CPMYPort Canaveral, FL, US $350,000
2008 Hunter 45 Deck SalonPensacola, FL, US $159,900
2006 Intrepid 370 Center ConsoleMiami Beach, FL, US $159,000
2006 Hampton 558 PilothouseSatellite Beach, FL, US $675,000
2007 Sea Ray 44 Sedan BridgePunta Gorda, FL, US $299,000
2005 Beneteau OceanisAthens, GR $219,000
2008 Hunter 45 Deck SalonMobile, AL, US $159,900
2015 American Tug 485 FlybridgeStuart, FL, US $999,900