2000 Dufour 50 Classic
The Dufour 50 Classic will impress lovers of large traditional yachts. Her majestic silhouette, fine underbody and immense deck area, beamy cockpit, and large steering wheel gives her the looks of a big ocean racer. The Classic 50 design from the board of Berret Racoupeau proudly crowns the Classic range. Inside, accommodations are designed for easy circulation throughout the boat and to preserve intimacy for the passengers. Two large double cabins aft and three cabins forward are separated by a passageway, and all rooms are accessed by individual cabin doors. Three head compartments and an independent shower provide appreciable comfort with a large crew. The Classic 50 - with her oversized fuel and water tanks, improved handling, and unequaled control - predestine the Dufour 50 Classic for long passages.
Many recent improvements including new standing rigging and sails.
- 50 Classic
- Saint Simons, GA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 50 ft - 15.24 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- TMD 22
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 78 (Individual), 78 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Seller's improvements 2102/2013
Heliodore was hauled out and the bottom painted and zincs changed in January 2013. It is in very good shape with no signs of osmosis. Thru hull fittings and spade rudder are in excellent shape.
The Volvo TMD 22 engine has been well maintained and serviced and has approximately 5000 hours.
A new Turbo has 300 hours.
A new transmission has approximately 300 hours.
All engine mounts were replaced and engine was realigned 200 hours ago.
A new alternator was installed 100 hours ago
Stainless shaft has a dripless stuffing box and has 300 hours on it.
Electric bilge pump is new.
Electric 2500 g/p/h emergency bilge pump is new
Improvements 2012 / 2013
From its previous listing and purchase survey that I include in attachment there are many important improvements which follow:
Standing rigging 2013
In January 2013 the mast was unstepped and all components were unfastened and inspected down to the interior chain plates while the vessel was in dry dock.
With a contracted top a US rigging company
- The standing rigging has been completely replaced for new oversized LEWMAR wire and hardware including turnbuckles etc.
- A twin backstay to the mast head was added for improved strength.
- New internal wiring in mast.
- A full rigging report is available.
The Doyle Main and Genoa sails have 6 month of use since new. The old main and Genoa are available as spares...
- A new Bimini Top has been added to the cockpit
- Raymarine autopilot works very well
- SIMRAD NX40 Chart plotter with Caribbean and East Coast North America charts
- Depth Sounder, speed log
- Raymarine RAY55 with emergency EPIRB locator VHF radio with new mast head antenna and spare antenna on pushpit.
Navigation Lights etc
- New LED anchor light at mast head
- All LED running lights and deck lights have been changed or serviced
- A new 2 KW 110 volt sine wave inverter has been added to the electrical system
- A new 2 kw/h gasoline 110 volt generator for emergency use.
-New spare starter motor for Volvo TMD 22 diesel engine.
-New spare 80 amps Alternator
-shore power electrical system
- Anchor electric winch spare
- Many new electrical, mechanical spare parts are included
- All engine and fuel systems and transmission maintenance are to date.
- Plumbing and electrical maintenance done
- All fuel and water tanks have been serviced
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Tom Morton 0 Listing(s)
QUICK SEARCH BY: