2000 Van De Stadt Kelly Archer Cruising Sailboat
Built in New Zealand in 2000 by Kelly Archer, a pedigree custom builder, and fully refurbished in 2014, 2015 and 2016, DOUBLE X is in excellent condition and has always been professionally maintained. She is an ocean-going vessel easily handled by minimal crew, comfortable for owners plus 4-5 guests with accommodations for 2 crew in a separate cabin.
The yacht is equipped to be self-sufficient for long periods, and has large fuel tanks, giving her a range of 2,600 miles. Two 24-volt DC Spectra water makers, each producing 30 litres per hour or 720 litres per day while being independent of generator use, produce plenty of fresh water. Two large freezers and three refrigerators provide ample storage. And though requiring AC power, one of the two air conditioning compressors may be run off the house batteries by way of an inverter. Two small cold boxes beneath the cockpit table also run off battery power. An alternative source of power is provided by solar panels built into the Bimini top. Additional solar panels are secured in a portfolio case for deployment when at anchor. Underway, a Watt & Sea hydro-generator may be attached to the swim step to provide 20 to 24 amps of 24-volt power.
- Van De Stadt
- Kelly Archer Cruising Sailboat
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- DOUBLE X
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Van de Stadt
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 78 ft - 23.77 meter
- 78 ft - 23.77 meter
- 20 ft - 6.1 meter
- Draft - max:
- 10 ft - 3.05 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 120000 lbs
- John Deere
- Series 400 6076 AFM 30
- Cruise Speed:
- 2 MI
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 250 (Individual), 250 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 1200 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 528 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 110 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
The yacht is built to Lloyd's Hull Construction Certificate Requirements, HCC (PC). Certificate Number: AUK 9800302
Materials: Welded marine grade aluminum Plate, tanks, internals AA Grade NV 5083; Extruded structural shapes in hull and deck 6261T6. Mast 6261T6. Boom, carbon fiber.
Stainless Steel Type 316. All stainless steel is isolated from the aluminum.
The aft centerline vertical keel is generally 6mm plate.
Watertight bulkheads at frame locations 50 fwd. and 8 aft. The entire perimeter of the engine room is watertight.
The teak deck (as laid when new) was quarter sawn Burmese teak 20 mm x 50 mm.
The joinery for this Andrew Winch design is crafted in Anegre, a light honey-colored African wood. The floor is of the same material.
SLEEPS SEVEN GUESTS IN FOUR CABINS PLUS TWO CREW
Large owner's aft cabin, with ensuite head with electric toilet and a shower
Single aft cabin to starboard, suitable for child, extra crew or sea berth
Forward port guest cabin with double berth and ensuite head with toilet and a shower
Forward starboard guest cabin with double berth and ensuite head with toilet and a shower
Crew cabin with two Pullman berths, ensuite handheld shower and manual head
Pilothouse with inside watch station with navigation aids and autopilot
Pilothouse seating to port and starboard, plus good stainless steel hand rails
Saloon is large and full-width, with dining area to port and sitting area to starboard
- Durable blue leather-type upholstery
- Hidden pullout TV
- (24) Ceiling spot lights
- (2) Overhead hatches and (4) opening ports for ventilation
The transition from the exterior to pilothouse and down into the saloon is open, which gives the feeling of a much larger yacht.
The layout consists of a large owner's cabin, plus child's cabin aft, with two guest cabins and a two-person crew cabin forward. Owner, guest and crew cabins all have ensuite heads with showers. Next to the single cabin is a day head, which doubles as a laundry room.
The large and well-equipped galley is positioned low in the boat, making it very comfortable to work in while at sea.
The saloon has a dining area on the port side and a seating area to starboard.
The forepeak is the chain locker, which is accessed from the deck and has anchor chain stowage, windlass motor, bow thruster housing and hydraulic power selector boxes. A folding Fortress anchor is also stowed here.
In the Focs'le is a crew cabin with an ensuite head which has a manual toilet, sink and handheld shower. There is an upper and lower berth to port and a storage area to starboard.
Aft of crew cabin is a corridor to the main saloon, with mirror-image double guest cabins to port and starboard. Both cabins have their own large head compartments with separate showers, electric heads and washbasins. The port cabin has a B&G repeater.
The main saloon, in common with the rest of the accommodation, is attractively detailed and light and airy for comfort both in harbor and at sea. To port is a U-shaped dining area with large dining table. This has a stainless steel handrail on the inboard side for use while at sea. The handrail can be detached to add director's chairs to accommodate an additional two people, providing comfortable seating for eight. To starboard is a U-shaped seating area. A flat-screen TV retracts from the forward bulkhead and swivels when in use. Below the TV is a locker/bar unit. At the mainmast is a pulldown movie screen for use with a portable projector.
Aft of the dining table, to port and two steps down, is a spacious galley with two refrigerators and a top-loading freezer, together with two sinks, propane stove and microwave. The Corian work surface provides an abundance of space for food preparation, and there is a vast amount of room for stowage and food storage.
To starboard aft from the saloon there are two steps down to the navigation area (forward-facing) and a corridor that continues aft past the door to the machinery room/engine room to port. Once inside the machinery room, there is a watertight door forward into the engine space with superb access to all systems. For more serious maintenance the floor in the main saloon lifts up, and there is a soft spot in the superstructure to allow for total removal of machinery if ever needed.
Back in the corridor, outboard (to starboard) is the day head area, which also houses the washing machine. Farther aft is a single-berth cabin perfect for children and which also can be used for storage. It could be converted to a workshop or expanded storage area if required.
The owner's cabin is aft with overhead hatches and hull ports. It features a large double bed on centerline, with huge amounts of storage beneath and dressing table to starboard. There is good headroom throughout the yacht, and this continues throughout the owner's cabin. The ensuite head is large, with separate shower stall, washbasin and electric head.
The pilothouse is three steps up from the main saloon and offers all-round visibility and a complement of navigation equipment, including an autopilot with directional controls. There are leather seats to port and starboard. The deck is scrubbed teak. A full-sized door opens into the cockpit. The door sill and coamings are slotted for a flushing board to meet class requirements.
Stainless steel guardrails are fitted in the pilothouse and along the steps for safety. Similar guardrails and railings are fitted at the cockpit table and above the helm stations.
The cockpit has a large table that hinges out to seat six. Its base houses two small refrigerators. The area is protected from the elements with an overhead Bimini and dodger fitted with Strataglass sides that may be rolled up for ventilation.
The Bimini top and side panels provide some protection to the twin helm stations just aft of the cockpit. There is easy access between the helms onto the aft deck. A large aft lazarette, accessed from the deck, houses the dive compressor, dive bottles, LPG and outboard engine gas lockers (fully enclosed in aluminum compartments), water heater, passerelle and steering hydraulics. The scooped stern provides good access for boarding as well as additional buoyancy aft.
The galley has dark blue Corian work surfaces, and a large double-door top-loading freezer plus two custom frontloading fridges. These units are cooled by two compressor plants: a 2 Hp unit and a 1 Hp unit. Both compressors are AC powered. However, the 1 Hp compressor may be operated off 24 V DC by way of an inverter. Both units are cooled by a common raw water pump, which is AC powered but may also be run with the 24volt inverter.
Additional Galley Equipment:
- Alpes Inox propane oven and hob
- Parmco extractor fan
- U Line icemaker (new 2014)
- ISE trash compactor
- Sharp microwave convection oven (new 2018)
- (2) Two stainless steel sinks and shallow draining sink
- Siemens washing machine in day head (new 2014)
DOUBLE X is being sold fully found with top-of-the-line galley equipment, custom handcrafted mattresses and linens and Turkish Peshtemal towels.
ENGINE: John Deer Series 400, 6076 AFM 30, 6-cylinder, 250 HP@2200 RPM turbocharged diesel engine
Continuously maintained. Received full service, including accessory rebuild or replacement in 2016; survey and service 2017; service 2018 - injectors and turbocharger (new 08/2018)
ZF gear box, 2:693 reduction with ZF throttle control at port and starboard helms
PROPELLER: Hundestad three-blade controllable pitch propeller. Propeller was removed, disassembled and both prop and shaft cleaned of old grease, (12/2016) Inspection of prop and shaft mechanism showed like-new condition. Shaft and propeller were packed with grease recommended by Hundestad.
EXHAUST SYSTEM: Power flow water separator. Removed, inspected and rebuilt by mfr. (01/ 2017) Exhaust hoses in lazarette replaced in entirety, main engine and generator. Machinery room exhausts replaced in sections.
BOW THRUSTER: Hydraulic Lewmar 25 HP retractable bow thruster. New seals to propeller shaft along with general service (12/2016). Hoses and limit switches replaced, and power blocks rebuilt or replaced and given corrosion protection, (12/2016). Bow thruster alarm (new 2012)
HYDRAULIC SYSTEM: Genset PTO pump and DC pump. PTO pump rebuilt (05/2014). All hydraulic utility power selector blocks and solenoids serviced and cleaned (07/2014) All hydraulic hoses replaced. (spring, 2016). All thruster and windlass solenoids and power blocks disassembled and cleaned (2016). New power block (12/2016)
HEATING SYSTEM: Webasto diesel heating with hot water circulation Secured; not in use.
AIR CONDITIONING: Cruise Air reverse cycle air conditioning, seven zones, eight units, with a total of 72,000 BTU, replaced raw water circulation manifold (05/2016) rebuilt stbd. guestroom unit (10/2018)
WATER SYSTEM: Hot and cold pressurized water throughout. New pressure tanks and pumps (05/2016). (2) Spectra 200T 24V water makers, capacity 8 gallons per hour (192 gals per day) each. (One new 2014, one new 2015).
TOILETS: (4) Dometic macerator marine heads and (1) manual Jabsco. All macerator heads (new 05/2016)
- 25 KW Northern Lights ML 984 generator in soft sound enclosure. Full service with replaced or rebuilt accessories 2016 and service 2017, 2018. Front seal (replaced 06/2018). Sound shield (new 2016)
- Provides: 12V and 24V DC, 110V and 230V AC
- Main Engine Alternators, Port and Starboard: 24 volts
- Shore input supply for 50/60 Hz. Input: 400/230/200/115V; Through a 10kW isolation transformer to produce 230 Volts, 50Hz.
BATTERIES (All new 06/2015):
- (2) 24v banks of sealed Life Line AGM batteries, 920amp hours each, (total 1,840 amp hrs) consisting of (8) 24V batteries in each bank (16 total)
- 24V engine start battery, consisting of (2) 12V Life Line AGM batteries of 150 amps
- 12V Deka Unighy 100 amp radio service battery
- (2) 24V Mastervolt battery chargers, 100 amp each, (new 2015)
- 5000W Mastervolt inverter 240V (new 03/2018)
- 3000W Mastervolt inverter 110V.
- 1500W Mastervolt inverter
- 1200W Mastervolt inverter (computers) (new 2015)
- (2) Solbian photovoltaic modules on Bimini, capacity 8 12 amps (2014)
- (2) Solbian photovoltaic modules in portfolio for deployment at anchor (2016)
- Each array has its own MPPT converter/controller (2014 & 2017)
- Watt & Sea Cruising 600W, 970 mm shaft, 24V, Max potential: 22 amps at 26.6V. (2014)
- Maxwell 4000 hydraulic windlass (new 2015)
- 240 lbs. CQR anchor
- 101 meters 12mm galvanized Grade L chain, (12/2016)
- Fortress alloy folding anchor
- Delta alloy anchor - 70 lbs. (new 2015)
- Para Tech sea anchor (2015)
- (2) 100meter 24mm, 12-strand hollow braid anchor rode
- (1) 80meter 18 mm, 8-strand hollow braid warp
- (4) 15meter 24 mm, 12-strand hollow braid dock lines
- (2) 24meter 24 mm, 12-strand hollow braid dock lines
- Assorted miscellaneous dock lines
- Diesel: (2) tanks of 2270 liters, 4,540 liters in total (1,200 gal.)
- Freshwater: (2) 1000 liters, 2,000 liters in total (528 gal.)
- Holding tanks: (1) 420 liters (110 gal.) black water
- Grey water: (1) 320 liters (85 gal.)
GPS: Furuno GP 32 GPS (2006)
ELECTRONIC CHARTING SYSTEM:
- Maxsea Time Zero Explorer (2014). Chart updates 2016, 2017, 2018
- System charts installed in both ship's computer and in Nav Net
- Note: Ship's Navigation & NavNet are meant to operate independent of one another. The only common link is AIS.
- Furuno NavNet 3D MFDBB (2014)
- FA50 Class B AIS transponder with dedicated GPS receiver (2014)
- GP330B GPS receiver (2014)
- DRS2D 24mile radar (2014)
- Furuno PG500 - Fluxgate compass (2014)
- Simrad RC42N - Fluxgate (2016)
- Plastimo magnetic compasses
- H5000 system (2016)
- (6) H5000 graphic display
- Depth sensor
- Mast head unit
- Wind analog
- Autopilot H5000
- Rudder angle sensor
- Rudder angle indicator analog
- Control units
- Depth finder/fish finder DFF1 (2014)
- Control units at port helm station and in pilothouse, each with display
- Phillips flat-screen display for pilothouse Nav Net (2014)
- Nauticomp Signature II navigation display for helm Nav Net (rebuilt at Mfr. 2017)
- Vetus Meteo liner baragraph barometer
- Echo Max Dual Band Active Radar Target Enhancer radar reflector (2014)
SAT COM C: Furuno Felcom 19 Inmarsat mini C MES (2014)
SSB: ICOM ICM801E SSB, 24V, with AT141 HF automatic tuner and dual long-wire antennas (2014)
VHF: ICOM IC M423 (2014)
- ICOM ICM1V
- ICOM ICM2A
- ICOM ICM87
- Cobra MR HH350 with float
- (2) Standard Horizon HX100
- Jotron Tron TR20 GMDSS emergency radio (2014)
FLEET BROADBAND: Furuno Felcom 250 (2014)
SAT PHONE: Iridium 9555 Sat phone (2014)
- Epsom XP 420 printer/copier/scanner (2016)
- Shuttle XH110G computer with Windows 10 (08/2017)
- Eizo wide flat screen 55 cm (2017)
- WiFi and 4G Cellular (2014); modified (2016, 2017, 2019)
- Toughswitch PoE (new 08/2018)
- Pep Wave router (new 02/2019)
- Yamaha RXV675 stereo system with amplifier
- Thomson TV flat screen, 47 cm - a pullout hidden in bulkhead
- Pull-down movie screen
- Optoma HD25LV Ultra Bright 3D home theater projector
- RTI Panel/Premium E for iPad, Phone, Touch RTI XP3 remote control process
- Western Digital TV, Synology hard drive, Sony wireless 3D Blue Ray
- SOS Dan Buoy man-overboard marker (2016)
- Life Sling (2016)
- (2) Life rings with self-activating lights (2018)
- ACR GlobalFix 406 MHz EPIRB (2016)
- ACR GlobalFix Pro 406 MHz GPS EPIRB (2009)
- ACR SART (2009)
- (2) 6-man Zodiac Survitec SOLAS Life rafts (2014) (current until 06/2019)
- Katadyn hand-held water maker (2016)
- (15) Self-inflating life vests with harnesses (2014 2016)
- Flares and pyrotechnics (2018)
- Grab bag
- Garmin hand-held GPS (2014)
- Hull port storm shutters
- Spot light
- Spare navigation lights
- Bosuns chairs
- Smoke and fire alarms
- Bilge alarms
- Fire blanket (in galley)
- (10) Portable fire extinguishers
- (5) Fixed fire suppression systems (engine room, machinery, lazarette, propane and outboard fuel storage compartments)
- Fuel shutoff system, manual
SAILS and RIGGING
- Mast and boom removed, checked, re-installed (2012)
- Mast and boom removed, fully serviced, checked, dye tested (68/2014)
- Mast and boom repainted with Awlgrip (68/2014)
- Keel stepped Alloy 3-spreader fractional rig
- Spar by Matrix Masts, New Zealand
- Mast height above keel is 34.8 m
- Alloy mast 6061T6, section specifications 420 mm x 230 mm x 6 mm
- Boom: Carbon Fiber by Marten Spars, New Zealand
- Hydraulic in-boom furling by Leisure Furl (refurbished 2011; serviced 01/2017, 10/2018)
- Navtec boom vang
- Hydraulic Harken MKII furling units for genoa and staysail (serviced 2017 and 2019)
- Carbon Fiber spinnaker pole
- Rod rigging (2012) stainless all Nautic, with turnbuckles (2012) and mast tangs (inspected 2014, 2017, 2018)
- Running rigging is all Spectra, except genoa and staysail halyards in Vectran
- Main halyard (2014)
- Main sheet (2019)
- Spinnaker halyard (2019)
- Kevlar runners
- Mainsheet and main halyard winches are hydraulic
- Primary winches and genoa halyard winch are electric
- (1) Lewmar 77 S/T hydraulic, mainsheet winch, set between the 2 helms
- (2) Lewmar 77 S/T electric, primary sheet winches, outboard of cockpit
- (2) Lewmar 68 S/T manual winches for runners, outboard of cockpit
- (2) Lewmar 66 S/T manual winches for staysail sheets, outboard forward of helm
- (1) Lewmar 66 S/T hydraulic main halyard winch, starboard side of mast
- (1) Lewmar 66 S/T electric, halyard winch, port side of mast
Blocks and tracks: All deck blocks, tracks, cars etc. are by Harken
- Mainsail, 185m2, (1,991 sq.ft.) Doyle Strata, (6) full-length and (3) intermediate battens (new in Auckland, NZ, 2017)
- Genoa, 85m2 (914 sq.ft.) Spectra
- Staysail, 45m2 (484 sq.ft.)
- All-purpose reacher by Doyle roller furling (5/2016)
DIVE GEAR (New 2016)
- Bauer Junio dive compressor and (4) Alloy dive bottles
- (4) Full sets of dive gear
TENDERS (New 2015)
- 13' AB center console RIB with 25 HP Yamaha (on foredeck)
- 10' Achilles inflatable with 6 HP Yamaha (10/2015)
- Magma Catalina II BBQ with 20 lb. carbon fiber propane bottle (2016)
- Sun awning in two parts, mast aft and foredeck (2015)
- Dinghy anchors
- Swim platform
- Fixed Bimini with cockpit lighting (2017)
- Large lazarette with port and starboard access hatches in the full-width of the stern, which contains dive compressor, tanks and dive equipment, inflatable dinghy, spinnaker, passerelle, outboard and fenders
- Chain locker with space for some lines and fenders
- Covers for cockpit table, dinghy, steering wheels, life rafts, gennaker
To say that DOUBLE X is a proven bluewater cruiser is an understatement. Under her present ownership alone, she has cruised over 38,000 nautical miles. Since purchase in 2014, DOUBLE X has had constant maintenance and upgrades, including work done during prolonged stays in California and New Zealand. Having done several trips (during her lifetime) through the Pacific, as well as passages to the U.S., Caribbean and Europe, this beautifully built, seaworthy, well maintained sloop is truly ready to embark on another voyage.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Advanced co brokerage Florida Sail is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Wellington Yacht Partners.
QUICK SEARCH BY:
2008 Cranchi Mediterranee 47 HTMiami, FL, US $209,000
2008 Hunter 45 Deck SalonMobile, AL, US $184,900
2006 Hampton 558 PilothouseSatellite Beach, FL, US $695,000
1989 Hatteras 74 CPMYPort Canaveral, FL, US $390,000
1974 Custom Trawler 50 Fathom Penobscot PilothouseSt Augustine, FL, US $169,000
2007 Sea Ray 44 Sedan BridgePunta Gorda, FL, US $299,000
2015 American Tug 485 FlybridgeStuart, FL, US $999,990
2003 Mainship Pilot 34Pensacola, FL, US $99,900
2008 Hunter 45 Deck SalonPensacola, FL, US $184,900
2005 Beneteau OceanisAthens, GR $219,000
2001 Carver 530 Voyager PilothouseSarasota, FL, US $365,000
1989 Hi-Star 48 SundeckPensacola, FL, US $124,900
2006 Intrepid 370 Center ConsoleMiami Beach, FL, US $159,000
2005 Pursuit 3370 OffshorePunta Gorda, FL, US $119,900
2007 Four Winns 378 VistaPort Tobacco, MD, US $149,900
1991 Bruce Roberts 43' Spray Fiberglass KetchGreen Cove Springs, FL, US $89,900
2000 Seawind 1000SAINT AUGUSTINE, FL, US $99,000
1997 Tartan Yachts 4100Fort Myers, FL, US $155,000
2008 Manta 42 MkIVSt Georges, GD $315,000