1982 Vagabond Blue-water Cutter - Ketch - PRICE REDUCED - OWNER MOTIVATED
1982 VAGABOND 47 "BLACK SWAN" REDUCED TO 169K!
You will find vintage Vagabond 47's like "Black Swan" in ports all over the globe, now is your chance to join them! This turnkey timeless classic is ready to go anywhere you might dream of.
A recent survey states that Black Swan is "an exceptional example of an extremely well-maintained and well-equipped vessel...suited for pleasure and offshore cruising"
SHOWS LIKE NEW with IMRON PAINTED BLACK HULL - AWLGRIPPED CABIN HOUSE AND SPARS - REFINISHED TEAK DECKS - NEWLY VARNISHED RAILINGS
LARGE COMFORTABLE COCKPIT - WIDE WALK AROUND DECKS - HUGE AFT DECK - SPACIOUS FORE-DECK - SOLID BOWSPRIT W/FULL RAILING
SLEEPS 8 PEOPLE IN "THREE" PRIVATE STATEROOMS plus SALOON
HUGE PRIVATE OWNER'S STATEROOM with FULL HEAD AND SEPARATE SHOWER - PRIVATE FORWARD STATEROOM with FULL HEAD AND SEPARATE STALL SHOWER -- PRIVATE PILOT BERTH STATEROOM
HUGE GALLEY with LOTS OF COUNTER SPACE ON BOTH SIDES - NUMEROUS STORAGE CABINETS - AND FULL SIZE UPRIGHT REFRIGERATOR/FREEZER
HUGE SALOON with SEPARATE SEATING AND DINING AREAS - AND FULL SIZED NAVIGATION STATION
If cruising to far off destinations is your dream - BLACK SWAN is your DREAM BOAT. She is one of the finest Blue Water cruising vessels ever conceived, with the interior accommodations of a much larger vessel. You will never feel confined in her bright and airy interior, with headroom exceeding 7 1/2 feet.
She has very private accommodations for her owner's and guests, or crew, and her interior storage - cabinets, lockers, shelving, and under deck storage areas - is simply amazing.
On deck you will find acres of walk-a-round space including a large center cockpit, huge aft deck, extra wide side decks, and large fore deck.
This is truly a classically designed yacht with all the modern conveniences. Her striking Midnight Black hull and spars, Clipper Bow and protected bow-sprit, Classic rounded stern with aft windows, beautiful carved wooden railings, attract the eye of admirers whenever she approaches.
Do not miss the opportunity to be the next adventurer aboard this amazing yacht.
THIS EXCEPTIONAL VESSEL IS FOR THE SERIOUS BUYER ONLY. SHE IS NOT FOR THE CASUAL OBSERVER, OR BARGAIN HUNTER. ALL OFFERS REFLECTING THE QUALITY AND EXCELLENT CONDITION OF THIS VESSEL WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- Blue-water Cutter - Ketch - PRICE REDUCED - OWNER MOTIVATED
- FT Pierce, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- BLACK SWAN
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- William Garden
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 47 ft - 14.33 meter
- 47 ft - 14.33 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 415L - 2712E
- Cruise Speed:
- 9 MPH
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- Max Speed:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
LOA: 47 ft -14.33 meters
LWL: 36 ft - 10.9 meters
Beam: 13' 5" - 4.09 m
Max Draft: 5' 6" - 1.67 me
Max Bridge Clearance: 62 ft - 18.9 me
Ballast: 12,000 lbs - 5443 kilo
Displacement: 40,000 lbs - 18144 kilos
Total Power: 85
Fuel: 230 gal(in 2 tanks)-871Lt
Fresh Water: 230 gal(in 2 tanks)-871Lt
From the comfortable well protected center cockpit, Black Swan's main companionway brings you to her huge Saloon. Large window and exceptional headroom give the feeling of the modern Deck Saloon style vessel.
The Saloon is divided into three distinct areas: Her full Navigation Station is to Starboard, and a straight Settee with folding dining table is to Port. A bench seat opens, facing the table to add additional dining seating. Forward of the Settee is an entertainment center and storage area. Occupying a good portion of the Saloon, and to Starboard, is an L-Shaped seating area.
Abundant storage cabinets and lockers are found throughout the saloon, and there is shelving extending to the hull over the Port and Starboard seating areas. This gives the vessel a much more open feeling.
There is abundant light and ventilation with large fixed windows, center opening hatch, 4 opening oval ports, and 5 opening round portholes. All windows & ports are heavy thickness glass.
Beautifully finished teak work is evidenced throughout the interior, and extends to the hull sides. All floor panels are removable for extra storage.
A real wood burning stove is a focal point in the forward area of the saloon and lends a classical charm to the vessel and also serves as a practical heat source.
Forward of the Main Saloon, is a private stateroom featuring a double V-berth, Teak storage cabinets, and hanging locker. There is storage under the V-berth with additional cabinets and lockers. A large opening hatch, dorade vent, and opening round porthole, provides light and ventilation.
There is a full head with separate stall shower to Port within the Forward Stateroom, making this an En-suite guest cabin
To Starboard of the main companionway, and aft of the Nav Station is a private Pilot cabin. This cabin contains a single berth, large storage cabinets and drawer space, a hanging locker, and lockable gun cabinet.
There is also engine access panels, and light and ventilation are provided by a fixed window and opening port.
The Galley is to Port of the Main Companionway, and runs aft to the Owner's stateroom. The Galley is very large with counter space on both sides, and is served by opening ports on either side. The engine is also accessible through removable panels in the galley.
The Owner's suite occupies the full aft section of the vessel. The Owner's bed is unique in that it can be arranged as a queen sized berth authorships, or with a pull out panel, can be arranged as a queen berth with sleeping accommodations fore & aft. A large bench is forward of the berth with storage beneath.
There are several teak lockers to either side of the berth, hagging lockers, and a full dressing table/vanity.
A large private head with separate stall shower serves the Owner's suite.
- Marine air conditioning w/ reverse cycle heat
- Also - Aeluke wood burning stove in Main saloon
- (3) SEPARATE STATEROOMS
- --- Aft Double (2 berth)
- --- Forward Double (2 berths)
- --- Pilot Single (1 berth)
- (3) Additional berths available in Main saloon
- Heads - (1) manual flush forward (direct discharge), (1) Electric Vacu-flush system aft - Type III MSD w/FRP holding tank and Y valve or direct discharge or deck pump-out
- Removable overhead panels throughout
- Beautiful finished teak wainscoting throughout
Large Galley area extend along both sides of companionway aft, with counter space on either side. Opening ports to either side provide light and ventilation with one large port opening to cockpit and serving as a "pass-through" for food and other items. Numerous storage cabinets and lockers offer more than sufficient storage for Galley items for extended passages or live-a-board.
Removable panel for engine access to service Port side of engine
- Full size upright Norcold 12/120v refrigerator/freezer
- Ship Mate 3 burner stove & oven w/ sea rails - LPG w/ (2) 10 lb tanks in on-deck storage compartment - Gas remote shut off solenoid - safety switch at galley installed
- Double SS sink on center w/pressure and manual fresh water pump
- GE Microwave oven
- (2) SS fresh water tanks under cabin sole w/ access hatches - total 230 gal
- Seaward 120 v (6) gal water heater
- Salt and fresh water foot pumps at the Galley Sink
- Hot & cold pressure water at sink and both heads
- Nav Station:
- -- (2) ICOM M402 VHF radios w/ remote cockpit mic - one antennae on Main, and one on Mizzen mast
- -- Clarion stereo system w/CD - Harnim kardin interior speakers, and Clarion outdoor speakers
- -- Trimble Navigation NAC TRAC XL GPS - commercial grade
- -- TRi data repeater - Speed, Depth, Log
- -- Raytheon RL9 LCD radar
- -- Auto-helm ST7000 Autopilot w/remote
- -- Raytheon ST60 Depth sounder w/alarm
- -- Raymarine ST 60 wind speed & direction
- -- 6" Plath compass
- 20" LG flat screen TV - on swivel stand and folds completely into Saloon cabinet for storage
- 406 MH EPIRB
- Main electrical panel is hinged for easy inspection
- Over current protection provided by circuit breakers & fuses
- Direct current display and guages to monitor battery bank voltage
- Wire ends marked for designation to load centers & branch circuits
- (2) engine start batteries Group E3600 (100 amp) 6 volt (nominal 12v output)- 2/2004
- House / Inverter system (10) Group E3600 6 volt (nominal 12v output)2/2004
- Heart Freedom 2500 Inverter w/ Link 2000 interface display for battery condition monitor - provides AC power from house batteries
- Also - True Charge 40 amp marine charger- to charge batteries off AC shore power
- Shore side AC power supplied by 120v/30 Amp deck receptacle w/power cord - AC polarity indicator on main distribution panel
- 120 v receptacles GFCI
- Full lightning protection system installed w/chain plates bonded to ship's ground plate
Deck and Hull Equipment
An IMRON painted hull, Awlgripped cabin house, Varnished teak accents, and newly finished (natural) teak decks make Black Swan an impressive sight.
There are acres of deck space, with easy walk around room to the sides and large open areas fore and aft.
Her well protected cockpit is spacious and provides a high measure of safety at sea.
- Teak decks newly refinished and caulked - in excellent condition
- All bronze through hull fittings w/ sea cocks - fully bonded
- Swiftik (6) person life raft
- Throwable horseshoe & ring buoy
- Lifwesling MOB module
- GROUND TACKLE:
- -- (1) CQR 45 lb w/ chain and rode
- -- (1) CQR 60 lb w 250 ft 7/16 chain
- Nilsson 12 volt electric windlass w/ manual override
- SS stanchions w/ vinyl coated double coarse life lines - opening gates Port & Starboard
- SS Bow pulpit -
- SS stern push-pit stanchions aft - w/ beautifully finished teak cap railing
- All hatches have securing devices in open or closed position
- (2) 14' Mooring cleats forward, (2) 14" midship horned haws pipe cleats, (2) 12" stern mooring cleats
- Cockpit dodger w/New canvas, and full cockpit cushions
- (2) finished storage boxes on aft deck w/ seating
- Electric salt water wash-down on deck
Mechanical & Engine Room
Easy engine access through opening panels on Port & Starboard side of engine.
- Ford Lehman 4.15L 4 cylinder 2712E -diesel - 85 HP (1800 hours reported)
- Engine monitor guages - Tach, Oil pressure, Water temp, Battery voltage
- Engine alarm syst w/ high water temp, and low oil pressure
- Fresh water cooling through heat exchanger
- Balmar high output 100 amp alternator
- Transmission rebuilt 2003 (400 HOURS SINCE REBUILD)
- Muffler - Fiberglass water lift w/ SS riser
- Engine compartment bilge blower
- (2) diesel fuel tanks, fiberglass coated steel, total 230 gal
- Algae X primary fuel filter, Racor 500 secondary filter, engine mounted final fuel filter
- 3 Blade 23" full feathering Max Prop w. line cutter on 1 1/2" SS shaft
- Hyhautic hydraulic steering syst
- Rule 1500 gph submersible bilge pump forward - Automatic operation w/ manual override
- Rule 3500 GPH submersible bilge pump in Engine space bilge - Automatic operation w/manual override
- Rule 800 GPH shower sump pump
- High water bilge alarm
- Hand operated emergency bilge pump leads to engine bilge area
- Halon 1301 fire extinguisher system - 35 CG in engine compartment
Sails & Rigging
- ALL STANDING RIGGING REPLACED BY MACK SAILS & RIGGING 2005
- All sails "new" in 1997- in excellent condition:
- Fully Battened Main w/ Dutchman furling syst
- Fully Battened Mizzen w/Dutchman furling syst
- Yankee / Jib - on HARKEN Roller furling system
- Staysail - Self tending w. club boom on HARKEN Roller furling system
- Spinaker / Drifter
- Spars painted w/awlgrip (Midnight Black) 2005
- Bobstay - 7/8" SS rod
- NEW SS Standing rigging 2005
- ALL CHAIN PLATES INSPECTED BY MACK SAILS & REPORTED SOUND -2005
- New running rigging 2005
- --- (2) Lewmar #55 ST
- --- (2) Lewmar #46 ST
- --- (1) CATHAY #10
- --- (2) Lewmar #40 ST
- --- (1) Cathay #22
With her IMRON painted black hull, and black masts, BLACK SWAN makes a notable impression wherever she goes. This is a classically designed vessel, with Clipper bow and bowsprit w/railing. She is a source of pride for her current owner, and will serve her new owner well
All new mast electrical wiring due to lightning strike - 2002 -complete survey and rigging inspection completed - replacement of several electronic components - no other damage reported.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Tom Morton 0 Listing(s)
QUICK SEARCH BY: