If you are searching for a capable and well founded sailing vessel at a reasonable price, then "Moonshine" just might be the one. "Moonshine" was purchased in California and has traversed the Panama Canal, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. "Moonshine"is now on the hard having just received a new bottom job. "Moonshine" is well maintained and ready to go again.
"Moonshine" has been used for her intended purpose and is not a Dock Queen. Her owners are very knowledgeable and know what it takes to sail offshore.
Please see "full specs" and video. Also take a look at the list below for current updates.
Please note: Dinghy and outboard are negotiable.
Things to Consider
* New 2017: Bottom sanded and ground with West Marine bottom shield paint.
* New 2017: Upper shrouds. Gulf Coast Rigging.
* New 2017: Masthead light tri-colored LED.
* New 2017: Steaming light/deck light LED.
* New 2017: Harken furling drum.
* New 2017: Multiple new halyards.
* New 2017: Coaxial cable for antenna.
* New 2017: Windex wind direction indicator.
* New 2017: Outboard mount.
* New 2017: Power distribution panel.
* New 2017: Topping lift.
* New 2017: On demand fresh water pump.
* New: Alternator in box. 90 amp.
* New: Starter in box.
* New: Injectors for main engine. $100 each.
* New 2016: Stern light LED.
* New 2016: Plumbing fixtures in head.
* New 2016: Raw water pump.
* New 2016: Heat exchanger professionally cleaned.
* New 2016: Start battery.
* 2001 Tohatsu 6 hp. four cycle outboard.
* Avon roll up Dinghy.
* Maintenance log: 1995 forward/ now and previous owners.
* Panama Ad-Measured Certificate.
* 2015: Coast Guard inspected safety.
* Manuals: All systems including engine.
* New 2013: Garmin 541s Chart Plotter.
* Backstay rigged for SSB. Note: No SSB.
* Propeller: Martex bronze folding RH 18" diam., 11" pitch.
* Autopilot: Autohelm 3000.
* Bruce anchor at 33lbs. 100' chain and 200' nylon rode 2009.
* Claw anchor at 20lbs. 50' chain and 200' nylon rode 2010.
* Fluke anchor 20lbs.
* Snubber: Force 2 at 24" 2010.
* Deck Pipe: Sealift Oval 2009.
* Windlass: Vetus manual.
* Flopper Stopper.
* Dodger: Sunbrella with Isinglass inserts.
* Bimini cover: Sunbrella.
* Connector: Sunbrella.
* Sail cover.
* Helm cover.
* Winch covers.
Dinghy and Motor
* Dinghy: Boat U.S. 9' 8" Roll-up 2015.
* Dinghy harness in dinghy bag 2015.
* Outboard: Tohatsu 6hp. four cycle 2008.
* Engine hoist 2008.
* Engine harness: C-Level 2015.
* Fuel tank: 6gal. plastic.
* Fluke anchor with rode at 10lbs.
* Cable: 3 in dinghy bag.
Mooring and Docking
* Dock lines: Blue double braided 150'.
* Dock lines: White double braided 15'.
* Fenders: Four Taylor Made 8.5x26.
* Boat hook: 8' extended.
* Batteries: 4 deep cycle Trojan 6v house 2013.
* Battery: 12v start 2015.
* Battery charger: Xantrex True Charge 20amp. 2009.
* Battery monitor: Xantrex Link Pro 2009.
* Shore Power Cord at 50'.
* Shore power inlet: 30amp. 2008.
* VHF radio: Standard Horizon Eclipse at Nav-Station.
* Chart plotter: Garmin 541s at helm 2013.
* Emergency antenna: Shakespeare 2008.
* Audio system: Jensen at Nav-Station 2008.
* Diesel Engine: Universal Atomic 32hp. mod.5432 serial, 31517.
* Fuel tank: Aluminum at 33gal.
* Propellor: Martex, bronze folding, RH 18"x11" pitch.
* Manual oil changer: West Marine 5qt 2008.
* Bilge pump: Rule Mate 750gph.
* Funnel: Two, BaHa filter.
* Propane Stove: Gas Systems, stainless, three burner with oven 2000.
* Refigeration: Nova Kool LT201 2017.
* Propane tank: Fiberglass at stern rail 2008.
* AFI Pedestal Mount with drink holders.
* Cockpit table: West Marine 2012.
* Cabin fan's: Four in cabin and "V"-berth 2012.
* Wind scoop: West Marine 2008.
* Autopilot: Autohelm 3000.
* Binnacle mounted compass: Ritchie Powerdamp magnetic.
* Hand bearing compass: Davis at Nav-Station 2001.
* Plotting set: two, Weems and Plath at Nav-Station 2002.
* Chart magnifier: West Marine.
* Blue Chart Software: Garmin 2008.
* Search light: At emergency locker 2015.
* Tri-Data depth and speed.
* Garmin 541s Chart Plotter 2013.
* Fresh water tanks: Two at 45gal. each.
* Holding tank: 30gal. Poly with electric discharge pump 2005.
* Head: Jabsco manual 2005.
* On demand fresh water pump new 2017.
* Plumbing fixtures in head 2016.
* Hot water heater: Seaward F-600-W 6gal.
* Jack lines: Two West Marine 2008.
* Lifesling 2008.
* PFD's: Four Kent 2008.
* Safety tether: West Marine 2008.
* Emergency antenna: West marine Shakespeare 2008.
* Safety harness: Two West Marine 2008.
* Rescue strobe: Orion 2008.
* Signal mirror: One 2008.
* Signal kit/flare: Gun and hand held 2008.
* Personal strobes: Two 2008.
* Fire extinguishers: Two Kidde 2017.
* Emergency tiller.
* Radar reflector: Davis 2008.
* Air horn: Falcon 2012.
* Electric bilge pump: Rule Mate 750gph.
* Manual bilge pump: West Marine.
* Main: North Sails in good condition.
* Genoa: 150% in excellent condition.
* Genoa: 135% with sun shield in good condition.
* Lapper Sail: New.
* Asymetrical light air, spinnaker chute in excellent condition 2008.
* Spinnaker pole.
* Boatswains Chair: West Marine 2008.
"Moonshine" is on the hard at present, affording one the opportunity to see her new blue bottom job and running gear. The bottom paint is very well executed with new zincs and clean running gear, including the propeller. This is a folding propeller and creates less drag while under sail. The hull sides have a nice shine to them and hull paint is not faded.
The vessel has a fin keel and she has been used for long range cruising. The owner reports that the vessel is very well balanced under sail and handles very well.
Entering at the Cockpit shows a well organized area with Cockpit cushions being in good condition. The vessel feels very secure in this area while sitting behind the helm. The Bimini covers the entire Cockpit with a connector to the Dodger.
A quick spin around the deck shows no soft spots with standing and running rigging appearing to be in very good condition. Rigging is run aft to the cockpit for easy handling.
Upon entering the Salon one is immersed in warm teak surroundings. The Galley is immediately to starboard and the head and Navigation Station is to port. The head is clean with no strange odors and is set up with shower. Immediately forward of this area is the Salon, with settees to either side. A folding dinette is mounted on the keel stepped main mast. The settee fabric is in good condition and the vessel is clean and well cared for. Attractive cabinetry lines both sides of the Salon.
On forward is the forward cabin with drawer storage to starboard and a hanging closet to port. There are reading lights here, fans and an opening overhead hatch for ventilation and lots of light.
"Moonshine" is a well cared for and well maintained vessel. She is priced extremely well for the quality of vessel that is offered. Many are searching for a vessel in this price range; however, vessels of "Moonshines" condition and proven performance are getting hard to find. I feel that "Moonshine" will sell quickly.
Please contact Thomas at: 1-256-710-4419
Quality Listings, Professional Brokers
Bus: 727-449-8222 FAX: 727-461-9379
Licensed and Bonded
Sometimes, ya just have to take the "chance" to find what you're seeking in life!
Ask me how you can enjoy your new boat in "sunny Florida" for 180 tax free days.