"Half Moon" is the best equipped (and ONLY Bill Shaw approved sloop/cutter modification!) Pearson 424 on the market! 2009 Yanmar engine, updated electronics, heavy duty custom arch, watermaker, and much more!
"Half Moon" has undergone extensive renovations, including having the mizzen removed and the boom extended providing valuable additional cockpit sapce while improving sailing performance. The changed sail plan from a ketch to a cutter rig was approved by Bill Shaw, the designer. She is a solid and beautiful bluewater cruiser that has been extremely well-equipped by knowledgable owners who lived aboard. She is ready to go anywhere!
This boat is truly unique and special! The only Pearson 424 modified into a cutter sloop with the modifications approved by Bill Shaw! Call me and let's go see her!
The Pearson 424 offers genuine cruising accommodations with two spacious staterooms and generous storage throughout. The guest stateroom is just as appealing as the owner’s stateroom, including a place to wash up. A unique feature is the double companionways below- one from the cockpit into the owner’s cabin & nav. center, the second, amidships, leading into the main salon. The layout makes her the perfect choice for a cruising family or couple and their guests. The cockpit is spacious and secure. This boat is fast, yet easy to sail and displays well Pearson’s quality and integrity.
The spacious forward guest stateroom features a large V-berth with filler cushion, storage below, shelves outboard, and overhead hatch. Also there’s a dressing table with stainless steel wash basin, a seat, hanging locker, bureau, and two opening ports.
The main salon is traditional, comfortable, and inviting. It has a teak & holly sole, opposing settees (they convert to 6’6” berths), louvered lockers and bookshelves outboard and storage behind seat backs of both. There is a large, centerline teak drop-leaf table encompassing the keel-stepped mast. There’s good light and ventilation with two overhead screened hatches and five opening ports. Starboard aft is a hanging locker and the amidships companionway hatch & stairs.
Opposite to port is the U-shaped galley that features lockers and drawers for everything, plenty of counter space, and an opening hatch overhead (more details below). Starboard aft of the companionway stairs is the enclosed head that's actually two rooms. The separate shower stall features a seat with a built-in soak tub underneath. The vanity has a stainless steel sink and lockers outboard and below.
Continuing aft is the owner’s stateroom with privacy door, plush double berth with generous stowage above and below. The nav. station is to starboard with a swing-out seat, chart table and shelf storage. Aft is a large hanging locker and the companionway hatch & stairs to the cockpit. Replaced the headliner, and replaced the settee fabric with a solid green color fabric that wears well.
• 6'4" Headroom
• Sleeps 6
• Pioneer AM/FM stereo, CD player and speakers
• Custom owner's stateroom mattress
• 12V Lighting systems with all new brass reading lights
• TV/phone shore connection
• (4) 12V Fans
• Clock & barometer
• Adler Barbour refrigerator with freezer - 2014 new
• Princess 3-burner propane stove
• Emerson built-in microwave
• Double stainless steel sinks
• Hot & cold pressure water
• Filtered drinking water pressure tap
Electronics & Navigation Equipment
• Simrad Roberts AP11 autopilot with remote
• Furuno Mk-2 36 mi. radar, interfaced with autopilot (rebuilt 2016)
• Garmin 485 color GPS/Chartplotter with latest chips - 2008
• Garmin 75 GPS, back-up
• ICOM IC-706 MkIIG SSB HAM radio
• ICOM IC-M59 VHF radio
• SCS PTCiie modem for email thru SSB radio
• Datamarine depth sounder
• Datamarine knotmeter
• Datamarine wind speed/log
• 5" Danforth Constellation compass
• VHF, GPS & SSB antennas
• TV-FM antenna with booster
• Cruisair 16,000 BTU air conditioner - 2006
• 12V DC & 110V AC Electrical systems
• World Power wind generator (41 amps at 30 mph)
• (4) 90 watt BP 90 Solar panels (22-26 amps at noon)
• (4) Trojan L16 6V batteries, house bank
• Group 27 starting battery
• Battery parallel switch
• Galvanic Isolator
• Heart Interface inverter/charger, 2000 watt
• Yanmar alternator• (2) 30 amp 125V dockside cables
• 12V Lighting systems
The boat was put on the hard in 1996 for a rebuilding project that lasted five (5) years. Bottom peeled and dried for 1 year then West System applied (2 layers of Biaxial applied over bottom and 4 layers over flat areas of hull). All side & deck gel coat cracks were drilled out, filled with epoxy and then painted with Awl Grip.
Side stanchions were removed and mounts rebuilt with 1/2" layer of fiberglass. Lifelines were added and all 316 SS stanchions were mounted with 316 SS backing plates. The standard single lifelines were replaced with doubles.
The cockpit is spacious and functional, with sail lockers port and starboard, propane locker with outboard drain, winch alcoves, and a lazarette aft. Excellent visibility from the wheel, wide walkways for easy access forward, full-length bulwarks for extra security.
• SS opening ports
• (2) Bomar hatches (others reconditioned)
• Dodger - Reconditioned 2016
• Bimini - 2009
• Bow pulpit with double anchor rollers
• 25# Danforth anchor with 25' 5/16" chain & 150' rode
• 45# Plow-style anchor with 100' chain & 200' rode
• Lofrans Tigres electric windlass - 2006
• Lifesling with rigid case
• Outboard engine lift
• Custom SS davits & solar mount
• Custom SS swivel radar/antenna mount
• Custom companionway plexiglass & screen inserts
• (2) Companionways
• 42' SS Destroyer/ pedestal wheel steering
• Teak cockpit table
• Teak hand rails
• Cockpit cushions
• Dickinson propane BBQ
• Forespar lightning protection system
• Tri-color masthead light 2012
• Steaming light 2012
• International nav. lights 2012
• 12V Spot lights
• Coast Guard Safety pkg.
• Rope locker
• Swim ladder
• Mooring cleats
Sails & Rigging
(During the rebuilding project, the mizzen mast was removed and backstays added to improve sailing performance. The mainsail boom was extended and a staysail added. In addition, a new SS mast step replaced the existing ones. The Main has 3 reef pts & can be adjusted from the cockpit.
• Sail area 722 sq ft
• New Stack Pack w/ Cam Shell Cover 2015
• Strong Trac (Ease of raising & lowering sail) 2015
• Lazy Jacks 2015
• Added (3) reef pts on Main (control from cockpit 2015)
• Doyle main sail 2009
• 135% genoa - 2006, newly restitched, very good condition.
• Harken traveler 2012
• Harken MkII roller furling 2012
• (2) Lewmar #54 ST 2-speed winches 2012
• Lewmar #40 ST 2-speed winch 2012
• Lewmar #16 2-speed mast-mounted winch
• Lewmar #40 2-speed mast-mounted winch
• Hallspars Quick-Vang rigid boom vang
• Spare halyard
Yanmar - 2009
350 hours ( used two winter seasons in the Caribbean)
Mechanical & Engine Equipment
• Yanmar 54hp. - 2009
• Spare Yanmar alternator
• Dickson diesel heater
• Groco oil transfer system
• Borg Warner Velvet Drive V Drive transmission
• Dual lever engine controls
• Engine control panel 2009
• Algae-X fuel conditioning system
• Spectra Watermaker 5 gal/hr; wind generator & solar panels will operate.
• Charcoal water filtration system
• (2) 35# Propane tanks with solenoid control valve
• (2) Rule 2000 12V bilge pumps with alarms
• Racor fuel filter
• 18 g. Holding tank with macerator
• Toilet with new waste piping
• Many spare parts
I'm always looking for great listings for my clients! Please contact me if you have a boat you would like to sell!
Melanie Sunshine Neale
Licensed & Bonded Yacht & Ship Salesperson
Out-of-State buyers can now buy and use their boat in beautiful Florida for 180 days with No Florida Sales Tax! Ask your EYS broker how!