1971 Grand Banks Alaskan Pilothouse Trawler MUST SELL NOW!
FINAL REDUCTION TO $75K!! THIS IS IT FOLKS.. THIS CLASSIC TRAWLER WILL BE SOLD IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS....This recently renovated twin screw pilothouse trawler with Portuguese bridge is ready for a new owner. Significant restoration has been accomplished with cosmetic work still to be completed. Fuel sipping twin Gardner diesels, 8kw Onan Genset, dual a/c, Raymarine electronics with chartplotter, radar, Robertson autopilot. New plumbing and electric systems. Gorgeous teak interior with parquet floors. Two private staterooms with ensuite heads, spacious & sunlit galley and salon. This yacht is a rare combination of benchmark style brought to modern standards.
Owner has extensively researched this vessel's history and kept detailed records of all restoration work. He is ready to move on to his next restoration and turn this head turning yacht over to you!
Bring All Offers! Owner is Moving West
12/01 PRICE SLASHED TO $90k MUST SELL NOW!
- Grand Banks
- Alaskan Pilothouse Trawler MUST SELL NOW!
- St Augustine, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Motor Yacht
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Robert S Dorris
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 49 ft - 14.94 meter
- 49 ft - 14.94 meter
- 15 ft 1 in - 4.6 meter
- Draft - max:
- 5 ft 2 in - 1.58 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 21 ft - 6.4 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 8 MPH
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- Max Speed:
- 10 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 1100 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 380 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Total Power: 94
She sleeps four in two double staterooms plus an underway pilothouse bunk. One could drop the salon table and the pilothouse chart table to give a total sleeping capacity of nine. A V-berth cabin is forward with a head and shower in the main hall. The Master suite is amidships, with a private head and shower tub. There are opening hatches and portholes in all sleeping cabins. The main salon has double (folding) door aft in addition to five windows. The headroom is 6'4" throughout. The salon has hand rubbed teak veneer with solid teak trim. The salon incorporates an L-shaped built-in corner seat with table which can be lowered for conversion to a sleeper for two. All new fabrics in salon upholstery. There is a U-shaped settee and dining table that accommodates six in the pilot house and an off watch bunk above and behind the settee. The berths are fully air conditioned. Heads have salt or freshwater flush option w/ dedicated freshwater tank
Located portside, the galley is equipped with a three burner electric stove/Rotisserie oven, large stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water, ample storage for utensils and dishes, etc. A residential refrigerator freezer is built in on the starboard side. A starboard entry door provide passage from the walk around. The counter tops are Corian and there is a microwave above the stove.
- Icom 602 VHF radio with integrated GPS-coupled DSC, fog horn and hailer
- ROSS Engineering AMV250 VHF radio
- RayMarine ST-60 Tri-data display and transducer for speed, water temp, and depth
- Raytheon V850 color echo sounder
- Furuno FR-240 Mark-II open array radar
- Raytheon R11xx open-array radar
- Raychart 601xx Chart plotter with dedicated Raymarine GPS
- RayMarine 320 GPS WAAS receiver
- The Capn' Electronic Charting System (ECS)
- Micrologic ML-5000 LORAN
- Robertson Autopilot
- Kohler Model 8CCO 8KW Generator.
- Electrical service panel in the pilot house.
- Power distribution panel on the forward starboard bulkhead of the engine room.
- Two house banks consisting of two GC2 6 volt batteries each providing 250 Amp Hours.
- Each GC2 is rated at 975 MCA.
- One 24VDC starting bank consisting of two 908D batteries (1,340 MCA each)
- Link 20 and Link 10 battery monitors
- Pathmaker battery combiner for house banks
- Prowatt 1750 inverter
Deck and Hull Equipment
- 40 lb. Danforth anchor with 6' of chain and 200 feet of rope rode.
- 45 lb. plow anchor.
- Salt water wash down.
- S-Lectric up-haul electric windlass with dual capstans that accommodate both chain and rope.
Mechanical & Engine Room
- Two Gardner 6LW 94 hp 6 cylinder diesel engines
- The 6LW develops 94 bhp at 1500 rpm and has a swept volume of 511 cu ins (8.4 litres).
- Twin Disc transmission (reversing gear) model MG-506
- Hynautic power steering (now called Sea Star)
- Two Marine Air Systems Cabin Comfort CC9-9,000 BTU air conditioning stations
- 20 gallon hot water tank
- 380 gallons fresh water in two tanks
- 1100 gallons diesel in six tanks
- The cruising range of 1,000 nautical miles comes from an average burn rate of 5 gallons per hour with an average speed of 7 knots.
Hull Material: 1 1/2" Mahogany planking over steam bent white oak frames.
There is a storage locker on the deck in front of the Portuguese bridge with a ventilation hatch to the V-Berth below.
Access to the engine room is via a hatch in the galley floor.
Access to the aft storage lazarette and rear engine room entrance is though a hatch on the aft deck.
Engine room ventilation is provided by twin scoops on the salon roof. Chain/rode locker ventilation is via a foredeck mushroom (hooded) vent.
Zodiac 10' RIB
The quality of the restoration of this yacht truly must be seen to be appreciated. The commanding view from the pilothouse is undeniably shiplike. This vessel will provide a comfortable, efficient, movable waterfront estate for her next owner.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Tom Morton 0 Listing(s)
QUICK SEARCH BY:
1974 Custom Trawler 50 Fathom Penobscot PilothouseSt Augustine, FL, US $159,000
2007 Sea Ray 44 Sedan BridgePunta Gorda, FL, US $299,000
2008 Hunter 45 Deck SalonPensacola, FL, US $159,900
1989 Hatteras 74 CPMYPort Canaveral, FL, US $350,000
2015 American Tug 485 FlybridgeStuart, FL, US $999,900
2005 Beneteau OceanisAthens, GR $219,000
1989 Hi-Star 48 SundeckPensacola, FL, US $109,900
2008 Hunter 45 Deck SalonMobile, AL, US $159,900
2006 Hampton 558 PilothouseSatellite Beach, FL, US $675,000
2006 Intrepid 370 Center ConsoleMiami Beach, FL, US $159,000
2007 Four Winns 378 VistaCalifornia, MD, US $139,000