1983 Wellington 57 Pilothouse
CANVASBACK, like all Wellington Yachts, is an exceptionally well-built and seaworthy ocean-going vessel. Her fully enclosed pilothouse with remarkable visibility in all directions includes a complete helm station with wheel steering and navigational instruments. In favorable conditions, CANVASBACK has a second helm station on her fly bridge with seating for at least six - shaded by a full bimini. With strikingly roomy accommodations, a full equipment list and shoal draft, CANVASBACK is truly ready for unlimited adventure.
- 57 Pilothouse
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Bill Wellington
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 57 ft - 17.37 meter
- 57 ft - 17.37 meter
- 14 ft 5 in - 4.4 meter
- Draft - max:
- 4 ft 4 in - 1.32 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 55 ft - 16.76 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 120 (Individual), 120 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 500 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 500 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
- Fitted with factory installed full-flotation closed-cell foam in structural voids.
- Large walk-In engine room with full work bench and tool storage.
- Standing rigging upgraded with all new shrouds - 2017.
- New Mack mainsail 2017 and furler - 2014.
- New mattress in master cabin - 2017.
- Tabernacle-mounted mainmast simplifies river travel.
- 500 gallons each of fuel and water extends range to over 2000 nm.
Additional Upgrades and Maintenance
- 2 new 100 w flexible solar panels and controller.
- New upholstery and Sunbrella covers on flybridge.
- New upholstery in main salon.
- 2 New 8D house batteries.
- New upholstery in galley/dinette.
- New Mack mainsail.
- Northern Lights 8.5 kw generator rebuilt/rewound.
- New weather station and mount.
- Interior lighting replaced with LEDs.
- New 7" plotter on flybridge.
- Prop tuned and balanced.
- Cutlass bearing replaced.
- New oil cooler and heat exchanger on main engine.
- New generator start battery.
- Installed new fuel tank inspection ports.
Accommodations and Galley
The centerpiece of CANVASBACK's accommodations is her tremendous elevated pilothouse which, in addition to the extraordinary helm station, includes a very comfortable, light and airy main salon that is perfect for entertaining. The pilothouse sole is lovely teak and holly in excellent condition.
The master stateroom is aft down a stairway with a centerline full double berth and a separate head with a full enclosed shower.
The galley is forward of the pilothouse with a huge dinette to starboard. Key features include:
- Holding plate refrigerator and freezer in separate insulated boxes.
- Double S/S sinks.
- Seaward 3-burner S/S propane stove and oven.
- Washer and dryer.
Forward of the galley is the guest quarters with a separate enclosed head to starboard, a crew cabin with double bunks to port and an ample V-berth forward.
The pilothouse and master stateroom are cooled/heated by 2 separate reverse cycle water-cooled units with a total of 25k btu output.
Duct work is in place for a diesel heater that is not installed at present.
Engine Room Details
The full-sized walk-around engine room on CANVASBACK is accessed aft and a few steps down from the galley beneath the pilothouse. The passage way consists of a full sized work bench with tool storage and a bench mounted vice. The 8.5 KW Northern Lights generator is also accessible from all sides just to port of the main engine.
Halon system in engine room
12v fuel pump for changing oil.
(2014) entirely new exhaust system
(2014) new pistons, injectors and injections pump serviced, new starter motor fitted, new 90 amp alternator fitted with splitter diode to charge house batteries and engine start battery. She runs beautifully!
Redundant bilge pumps
(2012) Vetus 12v Bowthruster
Dripless shaft seal
Line cutters on shaft
The elevated flybridge provides exceptional visibility when underway and docking and features:
- Comfortable seating for six to eight.
- All new upholstery and covers for helm and seating.
- New bimini.
Sails and Rigging
- Sloop rigged with furling mainsail and genoa.
- Original and massive tabernacle allows mainmast to be lowered on deck.
- ICW friendly 56' mast height.
- Whisker pole mounted on mast track.
- All spars refinished 2012.
A major anchoring refit was completed in 2014 including:
- 12v Ideal windlass with rope and chain gypsies (new motor).
- Windlass remote control on flybridge.
- New Rocna 25 primary anchor and 3/8" BBB chain.
- Delta anchor w/ 300" 3/8" BBB chain.
- Saltwater washdown system.
Navigation Equipment and Electronics
- Woods Freeman commercial grade autopilot.
- 24 mile Furuno radar.
- Standard Horizon GPS 500 chartplotter.
- Furuno GPS.
- ICOM M802 VHF radio with DSC and spare.
- Standard Horizon depthsounder.
- 12Vdc and 110Vac systems.
- Northern Lights 8.5 kw generator with 3000 hours in engine room.
- 2 8D house batteries - New 2018
- Dedicated 8D battery powers 12v Vetus bowthruster.
- 90 Amp alternator with splitter diode.
- Magna 2kw inverter/charger.
- 2 150w flexible solar panels and controller to be mounted on flybridge bimini.
- LED deck and running lights.
Additional Features and Equipment
- Huge aft deck for sunning and entertaining with bimini w/ two deck boxes.
- Integral swim platform with folding S/S ladder.
- Hot and cold FW shower.
- Solid S/S upper rail on lifelines.
- RHIB tender with 15hp Mercury outboard.
- S/S outboard hoist - New 2014.
CANVASBACK is a true high performance motor sailor. With the comforts, power and range of a large trawler, CANVASBACK is also an agile sailor in favorable conditions.
Wellington Yachts built many of its yachts, including "Canvasback", with a passive floatation option. Using nearly 600 cubic feet of closed cell foam in all the void spaces, she was designed to remain afloat even in the case of being fully flooded. She would sink only 8", leaving the berths and pilothouse dry and maintaining stability and sailing capability.
She has tremendous range under power, copious amounts of storage, and great accommodations in her 3 staterooms. At 7 knots, her range is estimated to be 2500 nautical miles. When motor sailing, she is quite extraordinary. With a bit of wind on nearly any heading, from hard on the wind to a very broad reach, and the engine ticking over at 1200 - 1400 rpm, cruising speed is typically 8.5 - 9 knots; the boat is heeling just slightly and the ride is smooth, comfortable and quiet. Remarkably, at about 2100 rpm (still well below top rated engine rpm) the boat makes over 10 knots! The engine has demonstrated it has plenty of power to drive the boat into high head winds and seas with little loss of speed. In these conditions the ride remains surprisingly comfortable due to the long waterline and fine entry.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Advanced co brokerage Florida Sail is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by David Walters Yachts.
QUICK SEARCH BY: