1998 Outremer 64 Light
The Outremer 64L is the flagship of the reknown Outremer fleet. The L for "Light" designates the lighter and faster version of this remarkable design by Gerard Danson. A legendary, bluewater performance cat: 16 tons displacement lightship, single-skin (monolithic) construction under the waterline and topsides, skegs to protect props and rudders, 82 foot mast, daggerboards. All of these design choices spell performance under sail, reliability, ease of maintenance and the ability to travel to remote cruising grounds safely. NIRVANA has circumnavigated and proved itself off the beaten path.
The twin Yanmar 100 HP engines with shaft propulsion push the boat to 10 kts under power and are simple to maintain. A 5KW Northern Lights generator, solar, windgens provide multiple sources of energy. A watermaker, SSB, radar, Satphone, large 14 foot Caribe RIB dinghy with 50 HP Tohatsu outboard are some of the highlights of the extensive inventory on board. The layout features 4 cabins with 4 ensuite heads and the headroom is well over 2 meters throughout.
They don't make robust, go-anywhere performance multis like this anymore. A rare opportunity.
She is lying in Grenada and ready for an adventure.
- 64 Light
- St George's, GD
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 64 ft - 19.51 meter
- 64 ft - 19.51 meter
- 29 ft - 8.84 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 100 (Individual), 200 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
- Brand: Outremer
- Model: 64 Light
- Designer: Gerard Danson
- Year: 1998
- LOA: 64'
- Beam: 29'
- Draft: 4'-9"
- Bridge clearance: Mast height 82' + antennas
- Displacement: 16 tons/21 tons
- Cruising speed: 10 kts
HULL, DECK AND BULKHEADS CONSTRUCTION
- Hulls built out of hand laid-up monolithic laminated GRP with additional thickness at bottom and omegas for additional stiffness.
- Central and stern beams built out of GRP with marine plywood bulkheads and laminated to hulls and major structural bulkheads.
- Deck and cockpit floor built with PVC foam core sandwich for stiffness, strength and minimum weight.
- Watertight bulkheads at bows, engine compartments central and aft beams.
- Reinforced fitting areas for rudders, mast, chainplates and deck fittings.
- Skeg supported rudders.
- Antifouling over epoxy based anti-osmosis treatment. CopperCoat
TANKAGE + PLUMBING
- 4 heads and showers
- Spectra Newport Mk2 14g/hr Watermaker.
- Fuel: 800 liters, 500 liters in starboard tank, 125g in port bladder, 150 liters for generator
- Water capacity: 800 liters
- Holdings: 50g
- 4 Automatic electric bilge pumps.
- 2 Manual bilge pumps.
- 2 Engine compartments electric bilge pumps
- 2 water pressure units
- 2 Hot water system (80 l.)
- Self draining cockpit.
- 1 sugarscoop shower
- 4 fully equipped bathrooms.
- Manual marine toilets. Household bowls.
- Wash basin and showers.
- Pressurized hot and cold water
- Mirror, soap dish, towel rails, etc...
- Storage cabinets.
INTERIOR LAYOUT + AMENITIES
- 4 cabins
- Sleeps 8
- Teak, Formica flooring
- Fabric and gelcoat interior finish
- Salon couch with Sunbrella fabric
- Salon table for 2
- Lots of cabinets
- 4 hanging lockers
- Interior lighting
- 4 cabin fans
- 4 double cabins (4 2 with full size beds and 2 with queen )
- Headroom throughout: 2.10 m.
- Each cabin has its own en suite bathroom.
- All beds equipped with high-density foam mattresses.
- Full length wardrobe and storage areas in each cabin.
- Ceiling and reading lights
- Panoramic view through opening hatches and fixed windows.
- U shaped alcantara upholstered settee for 12 10 people.
- 2 separate dining tables
- Storage underneath settee area and table foot.
- Headroom throughout: 2.10 m.
- Large galley/working area with lots of storage space on each side of entrance door.
- Waterproof stereo speakers.
- Saltwater pump
- GRP molded finish for all modules.
- 2 Franke fireclay large sinks with working area.
- 5-burner gas stove.
- Large electric oven/grill.
- Micro wave oven, toaster...
- Hot and cold pressurized fresh water.
- 2 front opening fridges 108 l.(24 V)
- 1 deep-freeze unit 150 l. 1 60 l dometic, 1 120 l dometic
- Working areas and lots of storage space.
- Solar panels: 6 Panasonic 330W for a total of 1980W
- 220V electrical sockets + various 110V x 2 12V x 4
- 12V and 24V alternators
- Victron Global 100A Charger System
- Various and numerous shore power cords
- 110V 220V. shore power connection socket. Driven to global power battery charger
- 1080 1250 Amp/h. service batteries Lifeline AGM new 2018
- 6 solar panels on davits. 2 x 100W + 6 x 330W
- Northern Lights 5 kw generator, 1500 rpm 220 VAC
- Generator hours = 2558.3
- 2 wind generator 24 V, Spreco Silent Wind
- Numerous 220V outlets logically positioned. 2 x 110V outlets in saloon driven from inverter
- Ceiling lights throughout, reading lights in cabins.
- Victron Battery charger 80 100 Amp. ProMariner 30A both global input
- Victron 2500 W sinewave inverter to 110V
- Mastervolt 500 W sinewave inverter to 220V
- Numerous 24V to 12V bucs.
- Control panel with 30 circuit breakers. Both AC and DC
- 2 x 24 4 x 12V. outlets sockets.
- Mast head and lower navigation lights.
- Large U shaped deck saloon with seating for 15 people.
- 2 teak cockpit tables.
- Tables can be lowered to create a lounging area or to sleep outside.
- 2 hydraulic steering wheels against coachroof
- Teak cockpit floor
- All remote controls for windlass, autopilot, electronics, etc...
- Fixed bimini top with stainless steel mounts and ladder for boom access.
- Reinforced aluminum davits with solar panels/antennas fitting platform.
- 6 X 330W solar panels new 2018; 2 Spreco Silent Wind wind generators
- Waterproof stereo speakers
- Cockpit lights.
- GPS: Garmin 152 plus various dongles
- Depthsounder: Raymarine S60
- Wind speed and direction model: Raymarine S60
- Autopilot: 2 Raymarine
- VHF Radio: Std Horizon
- Handheld GPS: Various ICOM and std Horizon
- Satellite phone system: Handheld Iridium
- Single side bad radio: ICOM 802
- Radar: Raymarine
- Inverter: Mastervolt 220v 500W Victron 110v 2500w
- Battery monitor system: Xantrex, Mastervolt, Bluesea
- Plastimo compass
SAILS + RIGGING
- Mainsail: Doyle 125m2 (2013)
- Jib: Doyle 55m2 (2013)
- Mast: Z Spar Performance
- Solent, double ply, cross cut with UV protection
- Gennaker furler
- Lazy jacks mounted on Easy bag system
- Complete set of sheets and control lines with blocks
- Bowsprit: Fixed, 1.5m for gennaker
- Standing rigging: Wire and Kevlar 2014 forestay, Kevlar 2018
- Running rigging: Various
- Fractional rig and compressor strut with turnbuckles.
- White enameled mast and boom - Z Spar Performance.
- Self-standing rig with 2 sets of triangulated spreaders.
- 7 Halyards
- 4 reefing lines
- Complete navigation and mooring lights.
- VHF radio antenna.
- Solent furler
- Gennaker furler
- Cockpit seating and table
- Cockpit cushions
- Hose with sprayer on stb transom
- Stainless steel and canvas bimini
- Stack pack with lazy jacks
- Windlass: 2x Lewmar 1700W
- Tape Trampoline
- Numerous bumpers
- Dock lines: 8x100'
- Sugar scoop transoms
- UV window covers
- 8 fenders
- Stainless steel chainplates for stays and backstays.
- Stainless steel stanchions and double guard plastic coated wires.
- 8 10 aluminum mooring cleats.
- Grab rails on coachroof.
- Swim ladder.
- Trampoline nylon net with gangway storage in the middle.
- 2 electric winches for mainsail sheet and traveler: Lewmar 54CST
- 2 winches for halyards: Lewmar 54ST
- 2 winches for backstays, furler, solent, etc: Lewmar 50ST
- 1 winch for reefing lines: Lewmar 50ST.
- Complete track systems with cars (Lewmar).
- 20 jammers and 50 blocks (Lewmar)
- 2 electric windlasses 1700 W. Ocean 3 Lewmar with 2 remote controls.
- ALL SAIL CONTROLS LED TO COCKPIT
- 2 x YANMAR 100 HP 4JH3-HTE Turbo charged and intercooled.
- 2 engines start batteries x 180 Amp/h.
- 2 x 80 Amp 12V Alternators; 2 x 75 Amp 24V Alternators
- 2 engine-control panels.
- 2 Tri blade propellers. Folding on straight shafts
- Sound insulation in engine compartments.
- Complete Autohelm station ST 60: wind, depth, speed, etc...
- Rudder angle.
- Controls at chart table and at both steering stations.
- Autohelm 7000 autopilot with remote control.
- Autohem 6000 back up autopilot.
- Interfaced GPS.
- Electronic chart plotter.
- Raymarine radar
- Standard Horizon fixed VHF with GPS plot
- Numerous Icom and Std Horizon handheld VHF
- Iridium Satphone
- CD/Cassette stereo with 4 waterproof speakers
- Large chart table with storage.
- Access panel to electrics and electronics.
- Electronic navigation panels.
- Panel for generator and 110 V. controls
- Navigation seat.
- Icom SSB radio
- Raymarine radar/chartplotter
HATCHES + WINDOWS
- Aluminum sliding door to saloon.
- Fixed tinted altuglass windows on coachroof.
- 32 hatches and portlights.
- Delta 40 kg primary anchor with 100m galvanized chain
- Fortress 55 lb secondary anchor with 200' galvanized chain
- 14' Caribe RIB with Tohatsu, 2 stroke 50hp electric start autolube
- Zodiac offshore liferaft (8) 2017
- Life vests
- MOB gear
- Medical kit
- Electric bilge pumps
- Manual bilge pumps
- Tools and spares
- Fog horn
- Complete set of linens for cabins, bathrooms, and galley
- Complete crockery set and all cooking utensils
- Various spare parts
- Tool kit
- I am the second owner and have used her solely in the Eastern Caribbean. The
previous owner was a Frenchman who sailed her extensively all over the world.
There was at least one circumnavigation and possibly more.
- I am very reluctantly selling Nirvana. But I'm not as young as I once was. My
health is deteriorating and my sense of balance is leaving me. In the past, I have
done a lot of single handing Nirvana but I am no longer comfortable doing that
and competent crew is not always available. Therefore, it is time for a lifestyle
change and a new adventure.
- She is fast, beautiful and an absolute joy to sail or motor. The recent upgrade of
the passive electrical systems have all but eliminated the need for the genset
unless hot water or the oven is required.
- Nirvana was in a tsunami in Thailand in maybe 2004. Thereafter she was taken
back to the factory and refit.
- Since 2011 I have lived aboard almost continuously
and tried to stay ahead of all needed and scheduled maintenance. Items which
will need to be completed: The std wind generator has blown its controller. The
spare is on board and should be a plug and play replacement. The manual
pumps on the two Jabsco heads are nearing their rebuild time. Necessary parts
are aboard the boat. The rerollers for the stb hatch shades in the aft cabin and
pantry are not working. I didn't have time to explore this before leaving the vessel.
- As noted above the vessel was in a tsunami some years ago and hit the bottom
of the anchorage. All of that damage was repaired with the exception of some
interior wall spider gelcoat cracks in various places.
- The inboard side of the port aft hull has suffered some gelcoat gouging from the
old dinghy outboard. (That equipment has been replaced.) This poised no
structural challenge and therefore the repair was withheld until the inevitable
future need to repaint the topsides.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Advanced co brokerage Caribbean sail & power cat is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by TMC.
QUICK SEARCH BY:
1974 Custom Trawler 50 Fathom Penobscot PilothouseSt Augustine, FL, US $169,000
1989 Hatteras 74 CPMYPort Canaveral, FL, US $370,000
2006 Intrepid 370 Center ConsoleMiami Beach, FL, US $159,000
2015 American Tug 485 FlybridgeStuart, FL, US $999,900
2007 Four Winns 378 VistaCalifornia, MD, US $149,900
1989 Hi-Star 48 SundeckPensacola, FL, US $109,900
2008 Hunter 45 Deck SalonPensacola, FL, US $169,900
2007 Sea Ray 44 Sedan BridgePunta Gorda, FL, US $299,000
2008 Hunter 45 Deck SalonMobile, AL, US $169,900
2000 Seawind 1000SAINT AUGUSTINE, FL, US $99,000
2005 Beneteau OceanisAthens, GR $219,000
2006 Hampton 558 PilothouseSatellite Beach, FL, US $675,000