1979 Shannon Cutter
The Shannon 28 is a boat suited for a lifetime of sailing no matter where or when you sail.She is nimble enough to daysail and stout enough for world cruising, the Shannon 28 was included in Ferenc Mate's compilation of the world's best sailboats for good reason. This full keel classic has recently undergone a major refit and shows like a shiny penny. The list of recent upgrades is almosy longer than her waterline and includes a new electric windlass, new electronics, pressure water system, canvas, running rigging, head, and much more. All of her systems have been thoroughly prepared for serious offshore cruising.
Please take a close look and the photos and list of upgrades and you will agree this is the best Shannon 28 available on the market today!
SELLER WILL CONSIDER AN EVEN TRADE FOR A CLASSIC WOOD OR FIBERGLASS TRAWLER UP TO 40' !
- Titusville, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Walter Schulz
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 28 ft - 8.53 meter
- 32 ft - 9.75 meter
- 9 ft 6 in - 2.9 meter
- Draft - max:
- 4 ft 11 in - 1.5 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 44 ft - 13.41 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 15 (Individual), 15 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 18 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 45 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 15 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
The interior of the Shannon 28 is classic in every way, from her fine teak joinery and bronze opening ports, to her traditional layout which features private v-berth stateroom forward; and port and starboard convertible settees and new dropleaf table in the salon. The u-shaped galley to starboard features a 2-burner propane stove & oven, large SS sink with new pressure water system, and toploading ice box. The roomy head with new full size toilet is to port at the foot of the companionway.
- 6 bronze opening ports w/screens, 2 dorades, and large deck hatch forward for excellent ventilation.
- New salon table
- Upgraded interior lighting
Upgrades since 2011
Seller has documented over $20,000. since purchase in May 2011 in addition to about 800-1000 hours. All upgrades intended to help for offshore sailing.
- Engine serviced by First Mate Marine, St. Augustine, Florida. All filters and lubricants replaced.
- New Zinc’s installed. Cooling system maintenance, new thermostat and new impeller. Stuffing Box maintained.
- Winches cleaned and refurbished.
- Decks including toe rail and cockpit painted white/grey or black with single part Interlux Brightside Polyurethane paint.
- Extensive refurbishing of all bright work, refinished with Cetol.
- All stainless cleaned and refurbished.
- New safety netting added to Lifelines.
- New Garhauer blocks (200T) and or sheaves replacing old and worn original equipment.
- New Mainsheet blocks and line relocated to stern design.
- New mainsail reef lines, two.
- New staysail jib sheet.
- New roller furling jib sheet.
- New Dodger and top, Cadet Grey Sunbrella cloth and Strata Glass.
- Dodger frame constructed on heavy-duty stainless pipe.
- New Mainsail Cover, 4 winch covers, compass and mast boot in black.
- Removed Staysail boom.
- New radar reflector mounted on spreader.
- New Samson Post, bolted through deck with backing plate and teak pads.
- New Maxwell Freedom RC 500 Windlass, bolted through deck, with backing plates and teak pad, installed solenoid and UP/DOWN switch, with recommended size electrical wire cable installed to new battery.
- New, additional starter/windlass battery.
- New anchor rode, 75ft. G4 ¼”HT chain spliced to 275 ft. ½” Yale Nylon Brait 8 plait as recommended by Maxwell windlass specs.
- New shackle to original 35 pound CQR.
- New 22 pound plow second anchor on chain and line.
- 3rd Anchor, Danforth off stern rail mount.
- New ProMariner ProSport 20 plus triple bank battery charger.
- New Xantrex Power 1000 watt inverter 12-120 volt.
- New Raymarine A57D GPS/Chart plotter with U.S. coastal installed, with surface mount depth and speed transducer.
- New additional cards, as follows. Platinum Caribbean and Bermuda, Gold Central and South America, Gold Sothern California, Baja and Hawaii.
- New Raymarine latest generation Smart Pilot X5 with Course controller linked through Sea Talk to GPS with wheel drive.
- New ST 40 depth only sounder connected to thru hull transducer.
- New Standard Horizon VHF radio Matrix AIS+ GX2150 connected to GPS.
- New Shakespeare antenna with wind vane and new inside mast run cable. New OrcaGreen (OGM) LED tri-light, anchor light and strobe, new cabling thru mast.
- New Steaming/deck light, new cable thru mast.
- New Aqua Signal LED navigation lights, coast guard approved for this vessel.
- Extensive electrical wire improvements, including disconnects at mast base required if removing mast.
- New updated Flare kit.
- New Dotline 60” folding ladder.
- New full size Jabsco head and plumbing.
- New Propane Tank.
- New sink faucet, removed old hand pumps, added new electric pressure water pump.
- New Whale Twist deck shower.
- New Rule-Mate 1500 bilge pump.
- New dinette table.
- New LED under-counter galley light, 2 levels.
- New LED battery cabin lights, five.
- New Bugbuster Hatch screen.
Possible to include;
New Zodiac Zoom 260 Aero. 8’6” Inflatable.
New Yamaha 1000 watt portable Inverter.
New LG 22inch Flatron Monitor mounted on bracket bolted through bulkhead.
Deck and Hull Equipment
- Cockpit cushions
- New cockpit shower
- New Bimini & Dodger
- All deck hardware rebedded
- CQR anchor on pulpit w/ new rode and chain
- New Secondary plow anchor on pulpit
- New electric windlass
- Danforth spare anchor
- New boarding/swim ladder
Sails & Rigging
- 2 Barient 21 and 2 Barient 10 winches in cockpit (rebuilt 2011)
- 3 mast winches
- Mast pulled and re-wired, all new standing rigging (2004)
- Hood Main, Staysail and 110% Genoa w/Profurl (all new 2004)
- New mainsheet and blocks relocated aft 2011
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.