1986 Grand Banks Classic
The GB 42 Classic sets the standard for cruising comfort, economy and seaworthiness. This 42 has the open salon/ galley arrangement that gives extra space for entertaining , lounging and ease of movement. The interior is in excelent conditon with no leaks or water damge to be found. Engine room is spotless. Priced to sell!
- Grand Banks
- Amelia Island, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Ken Smith
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 42 ft 3 in - 12.88 meter
- 14 ft 1 in - 4.29 meter
- Draft - max:
- 4 ft 2 in - 1.27 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 1 (Individual), 2 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Fresh Water: 265
Sleeps 5 owners and guests in two staterooms. The forward stateroom has a large v-berth and a cedar lined hanging locker, 4 drawers, amd guest head with shower. Aft master stateroom has double berth stbd and single berth to port with 6 drawer chest between and 3 under each berth for ample storage. A double door hanging locker is to port and to sbd is the ensuite electric head with separate shower. The salon, galley, and lower helm are amidship and enjoy excellent ventilation and visibilty. The galley is forward to port with a large corian countertop with a removavble extension, lots of storage, 3 burner stove, and separate cold plate fridge and freezer. The large freezer is located under the full length of the port settee. Helm is to starboard with a side deck entrance and dry bar aft with 3 drawers for additonal storage. The salon features an L-shaped settee and the impeccable Grand Banks teak joinerwork, including the special folding Grand Banks table with magazine storage underneath. The port side of the salon has built in cabinetry and a comforatble settee.
The portside settee and lack of divider behind the helm make the salon on this boat much more spacious and comfortable than the standard GB layout.
- Stainless steel sink w/ single lever faucet
- 3 burner Princess gas stove w/ oven
- Grunert holding plate front loading fridge and separate freezer under port settee
- Microwave and toaster oven
- Magnum SS charcoal grill with transom mount
- Corian coutertops with sink and stove covers and removable extension
- Garmin 182C chartplotters at both helms
- Icom VHF radios at both helms
- Datamarine digital depthsounders at both helms
- Autohelm 6000 autopilot with remote at upper helm
- 2 Danforth Constellation compasses
- Datamarine Depth sounder
- Downeast wind speed indicator
- Bose AM/FM CD stereo with remote, wave speaker in salon, bose speakers on bridge.
- 8 KW Onan Genset
- Sentry FR Series 60A charger
- Link 2000 monitor
- 3- 8D wet cell batteries and separate 4D generator start battery.
- Perko rotary battery slector switch1- group 27 genset start battery
- Alternators on both engines rebuilt/replaced in '03
Deck and Hull Equipment
- 75# CQR anchor w/ 200' 3/8 chain
- 35# Danforth anchor w/200' rode
- Ideal Electric windlass with multiple remote control stations
- All windows except forward facing are tinted
- Extended bimini on flybridge
- Canvas dodger on rear hatch
- Transom fresh water shower/wash down
- Snap-on screens for opening windows and doors
- Covers for exterior brightwork.
- Fold down mast with roller furling steadying sail
- Separaate electric davit for easy dinghy hoisting
- Swim platform with ladder
- Fenders and lines
Mechanical & Engine Room
- 3 MarineAir reverse cycle AC units for forward cabin, salon, and aft cabin
- Twin 135 hp FWC Ford Lehman diesels, extremely well maintained.
- 3 bilge pumps, 2 automatic, 1 manual Oil changing system 12v
- Bilge blower
- Engine alarms for oild pressre and temperature
- New stainless steel shafts-2004
- New cutlass bearings and stuffing boxes repacked- 2004
- Borg-warner velvet drive transmissons both rebuilt 2003
- Raritan electric with deodorizing system head aft, Groco manual head forward.
- Raritan electrc 20 gal hot water heater
- Fuel tanks cleaned and inspected 2009, found to be in excellent conditon
- Complete epoxy barrier coat (5 coats) and Trinidad red bottom paint, 2007
- Complete set of manuals and maintenance logs.
If you want a Grand Banks (and who doesn't?) you owe it to yourself to come and see this one. You will not be disappointed....
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Tom Morton 0 Listing(s)
QUICK SEARCH BY: