1986 Hans Christian Yachts 41T
Where do your Bluewater dreams take you? Tahiti? Moorea? Bermuda?
This stunning Hans Christian 41T has been there and will take you back....
Completely outfitted for ocean voyaging and featuring a custom interior with a workshop and extra storage. The HC 41 was built to be tha strongest possible vessel of all their designs. She is a passagemaker built to work at sea in all seasons, with the ability to soar in the trades, light handed. Arguably the best designed 41 to leave the shipyard, and set apart by many upgrades and improvements, this HC 41 is the ideal single-handed or husband/wife sailing vessel for long passages. It has carried its present owner across the Pacific, up and down the U.S. East Coast and to Bermuda.
This vessel has all the gear needed and proven for long distance voyaging,"in the spirit of Hal Roth, William Robinson, and Miles Smeeton" and an extensive list of creature comforts as well. Her teak decks have been removed and replaced with Plasteek, her bottom is perfect, her showroom interior will take your breath away....
10K PRICE DROP AND EXTERIOR VARNISH WORK MAKE THIS H41 MORE ATTRACTIVE THAN EVER... GET STARTED ON REALIZING YOUR DREAMS TODAY!
- Hans Christian Yachts
- St Augustine, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 41 ft - 12.5 meter
- 41 ft - 12.5 meter
- 13 ft 3 in - 4.04 meter
- Draft - max:
- 6 ft 2 in - 1.88 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 130 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 140 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Total Power: 72
Cruising Speed: 7
Max Speed: 8
The interior of this Han Christian is truly a 10 out of 10. Her teak and holly floors, marble counters, brass accoutrements, and marvelous joinerwork are all in showroom condition. She has new Sunbrella upholstery fitted throughout. I could not find a scratch or flaw anywhere.
She has her roomy head in the forepeak with Raritan II electric toilet, marble top vanity and tiled separate stand up shower. Moving aft is the famous HC Pullman berth to port with storage under and hanging lockers to starboard. Privacy doors separate the forward cabin from the head and the salon. The voluminous main cabin features a u-shaped dining settee with gorgeous teak table to port and a fore and aft settee to starboard. Both settees feature storage behind and under and beautiful cabinetry outboard.
Further aft is the gourmet galley to port with marble counters and gleaming fixtures. Opposite is the forward facing nav station with swingout seat and large chart surface. Aft of the nav station is a 7' secure quarterberth with CARD unit mounted overhead. To port is the separate walk-in workshop with bench mounted vise, ample work surface, storage bins and lockers for tools and spares. You must see this space to appreciate it. No hammering on the dining table or tools rusting in the bilge on this vessel!
- Marble countertops and teak cabinetry throughout
- Separate individually controlled fridge and freezer compartments with BEERS Technicold 1/2 HP refrigeration unit (2005)
- Recondition Gas Systems Inc. gimballed propane stove and oven
- Village Marine Tec LWM-150 watermaker.
- Seaward, 6 gal, 1500watt hot water heater
- H & C pressure water
- Brass hand pump
- Deep stainless steel sink
- Microwave oven
- B&G Hornet and Harrier System with nav station and cockpit displays.
- Cetec Benmar autopilot mechanical drive unit coupled to an accu-course 220 computer board and electronic compass updated for NMEA compatibility ,returned to manufacturer in 2007 for inspection/service
- Raytheon R10X radar mounted on a swivel for nav station or cockpit observation.
- ICOM 604 transceiver which is vhf, ssb, ham, navtex, am/fm, modified to allow expanded ham frequency coverage. The unit is coupled to a matching antenna tuner and a large Guest grounding plate for optimal transmission, easily sends ham signals 5000+ miles. Separate emergency antennas for each ham bandwidth in the event of failure of the backstay antenna.
- Two handheld transceivers for vhf and aircraft distress frequencies
- Garmin 76 handheld GPS (3 units on board!)
- Collision Avoidance Radar Detector (CARD)
- Kohler 6KW Gen-Set(Rebuilt unit installed 2003)
- Air-X wind turbine generator , second generation model with increased output and quieter blades. Mounted on a specially built stainless mast and
- provides 6 amps at about 15 knots.
- Heart Freedom 20 charger inverter [which will support the 120v microwave on 12v power], Link 2000 controller, Ample Technology stray voltage eliminator and Zinc Saver II galvanic isolator
Deck and Hull Equipment
- Underwater hull was scraped, filled, barrier-coated and painted in 2003. Fresh bottom job 2007
- Decks were replaced in 2005 with Plasteek planking epoxied to the subdeck, eliminating 1200+ screws and providing cooler, non-slip decking, under the supervision of the Plasteek technical representative. A photo history of the work is available.
- GROUND TACKLE: two bowsprit mounted anchors: a 30kilo Delta and a large plow. The Delta is on all chain and the plow a chain/rope mixed rode. Incredible chain inventory on board. Anchorages in the South Pacific were typically 60 to 80 feet, requiring 400+ feet of chain. When anchoring in the Atlantic in 15-20 feet of water 200 feet of chain was removed and distributed through the boat on the centerline in canvas bags. This also proves useful for attaching 50 feet to the stern anchor when needed and makes a bag of chain available for the drogue, if needed.
- Tigres windlass installed 2003
- Giant cockpit-accessed gear locker with easy entry to gen-set, autopilot, rudder, bilge pumps, etc., as well as extra fuel tankage aft
- Deck storage boxes on foredeck and P&S at mast
- Bimini and dodger
- All exterior brightwork in excellent condition.
Mechanical & Engine Room
- Mercedes-Nanni Engine (5400 hours} Included in the spares kit is the original Mercedes shop manual (This is the same engine used in the famous MB 240D automobile.)
- New drive shaft 2003
- Racor filters
- Tides Marine Dripless Sure Seal stuffing box with a circulating cooling water line drawn from the engine. 2 extra seals in special carriers mounted on shaft
- Marine Air Systems air conditioning/heat pump
- Webasco diesel hot air furnace with external venting and ductwork distribution.
- All freshwater and waste tanks have been replaced.
- Mainsail by North Sails, new in Spring 2004. It is a fully battened, loose footed, heavy main with jiffy reefing. Additional deep reef installed by North.
- 120% genoa new in 1995 and received little use from 1995 until 2004. With the heavy duty adjustable cars on the sail track, sail shape can be maintained through a wide range of reef angles. Dacron anti-chafe strips have been added to the sail at strategic points.
- The trysail is a mate to the genoa and is equally "reefable."
- The storm sail is like a "get home" engine on a power yacht. Made in 1995, it was new in the bag in 2004. It is flown on a dedicated, separate track on the mast next to the mainsail track, thus allowing rapid deployment in storm conditions.
- All sails professionally renovated after each long passage
- The cruising spinnaker is in excellent condition The spinnaker pole is carried vertically on the mast in its hardware and is well secured at both ends.
- Sayes Rig self-steering. This is the best design possible for the Hans Christian, utilizing a small stern-mounted sail driving a servo rudder which in turn drives the massive "barn door" rudder. There are no control lines or complicated rigging. A simple adjustment of the sail determines course. This unit runs faithfully, without electricity day after day in the trade winds.
- Givens 6 man raft, the best available, not to be confused with inexpensive offshore models. After 10 years in the canister it inflated perfectly, the light went on, the stores were still good. Repacked in 2005.
- Safety harness and Jacklines
- Offshore medical kit
- 6' drogue chute with fairleads and chain for bow deployment
- Manuals, specification sheet, manufacturer contact info and other data sheets have been compiled for every piece of gearto facilitate offshore repairs. Mercedes and Kohler shop manuals are kept for the engine and gen-set. Spare pumps, rebuild kits, hose clamps of every size, hull plugs for all thru-hulls, an extensive electrical supply and spares box, multiple spares for each drive belt, three boxes of sorted stainless nuts, bolts, screws and brass replacement screws, blocks, pulleys, cleats, hoses, strainer baskets, gas regulator, standing rigging and lines are all carried on board. This vessel is equipped to be totally self-sufficient in virtually any situation.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Tom Morton 0 Listing(s)
QUICK SEARCH BY:
1987 Hatteras 63 Cockpit MotoryachtPensacola, FL, US $375,000
1991 Hatteras Cockpit Motor YachtGloucester, MA, US $299,900
1999 Catamaran Berkstresser Boats 60Port Richey, FL, US $419,900
2002 Carver 404 Cockpit Motor YachtGulf Shores, AL, US $109,900
1995 Island Packet 40Saint Augustine, FL, US $129,900
2015 American Tug 485 FlybridgeStuart, FL, US $899,000
2001 Cruisers Yachts 5000 Sedan SportCharleston, SC, US $275,000
2008 Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36Key West, FL, US $169,000
1987 Hatteras MY Stabilized Bow ThrusterNorth East, MD, US $249,900
2010 Pursuit 315 OSPunta Gorda, FL, US $169,000
2005 Bertram 450 ConvertiblePensacola, FL, US $385,000
2005 Beneteau Cyclades 43Fort Lauderdale, FL, US $109,900
2003 Aventure Sportster Power CatamaranFort Myers, FL, US $249,000
1998 Luhrs ConvertibleDania Beach, FL, US $119,999
2004 Rodman 41Aventura, FL, US $175,000
2007 Sea Ray 44 Sedan BridgePunta Gorda, FL, US $259,000
1988 Carver 4207Unknown, FL, US $98,500
1999 Sea Ray 450 Express BridgeCocoa, FL, US $145,000
2011 Regal Sports CoupeFort Lauderdale, FL, US $310,000