2001 Fortuna Island Spirit
This South African cat is one of the best! Outfitted extensively, import duty paid! Recently back from the Bahamas and totally ready to go again!
Current owners have outfitted her well and loved her, and are ready to sell after enjoying several seasons in the Bahamas aboard her. She is extremely clean and well maintained, and very comfortable. She has the feel of a much bigger cat!
Here are the details:
Hull Design and Manufacture
Island Spirit 37 Catamaran. Built by Fortuna Catamarans in Cape Town, South Africa, 2001.
- Hulls are monolithic below the waterline (i.e. solid GRP below the waterline and Balsa Core elsewhere).
- 4 double cabins, 2 heads, galley up.
- Several coats of Petit Protect epoxy barrier (2016) coat and SR60 Ablative paint on the hulls, refresh on paint 2018.
- Designed by Phil Southwell.
- Fibreglass hard top bimini made from Corecell foam and GRP.
- 4 separate water tanks.
- Cabin top has a moulded rainwater catching system built-in.
- U-shaped galley with large counter space, Corian finish.
- 1 upright fridge with front opening door and small freezer box. Opposite galley
- 1 top opening fridge. In front of Galley.
- Propane stove, 3 burners. 2 aluminium Propane tanks in a self draining locker in the cockpit.
Spars and Rigging
- Sparcraft mast, crossbeam, boom and rigging
- Three reefing points with jammers built into the underside mast end of boom
- Topping lift
- Boom strut
- Fully battened mainsail - average condition
- Stack pack, new 2011
- Roller furling genoa, new 2018
- Large asymmetric spinnaker in a sock - good condition
- Small symetric spinnaker in a sock - good condition: used for running dead downwind in stronger breeze
- Storm Jib. Never used
- 50 lb Rockna anchor with 200 feet of galvanized chain new 2018
- 45 lb CQR anchor with 20 meters of chain and 80 meters of rope rode
- New Windlass motor, 2018
- Icom 718 SSB radio coupled to a MFJ deluxe versa tuner, dynaplate in starboard hull and dipole aerial attached to stay (receive only)
- Standard Horizon Matrix VHF radio
- Icom 422 VHF radio (spare)
- Garmin GPS Map 1020xs Chartplotter New 2017
- Garmin HD Radar New 2017
- Raymarine ST 60 wind depth and tridata
- Watchmate 1000 AIS. Transponder
- Raymarine ST 5000 Autopilot
- Hand held VHF radio
Electrical Equipment and Entertainment
- Cruisair Aircon 120 volt sytem used when in marina and on shore power
- Spectra 150 -12 Volt watermaker
- 1500 Watt Heart Inverter Charger with Link 1000 battery monitor
- Hot water tank connected to the Port Engine and also heats on 110 volt when connected to shorepower. New in 2011
- KISS Wind generator
- 6 Solar panels on the hard top Bimini approx. 400 watts
- WestMarine music centre with 4 speakers, 2 in the cockpit and 2 in saloon
- Flat Screen TV on a folding/swing bracket which allows viewing from both inside saloon and from cockpit (watch movies inside or outside).
- Iridium Go! Satellite system
- Yanmar 27 HP 3GM diesel inboards. Located under aft bunks in the Cabins. Quick easy access.
- Port engine is fitted with high output alternator and a new hot water heater.
- Engine panels are the upgrade type with a switch which activates a solenoid and gives immediate access to the house batteries if the start battery on either engine is low.
- Yanmar Sail drives with Flexofold 3 blade folding propellors.
- Port Engine rebuilt December 2014 by Complete Yacht Service in FT Lauderdale.
- 9.5 foot semi rigid aluminum bottom AB dinghy. Includes dinghy chaps, New 2016
- 15 hp Yamaha (new 2015) outboard engine
- Mooring lines and fenders
- Engine spares and tools
- Trampolines New 2017
- Full cockpit enclosure, New 2016
- Phifertex cockpit cushions with open-cell waterproof cushions, New 2016
- Sunbrella settee cushions, new 2016
- Phifertex window covers, new 2016
- Fully equipped galley
- Life Link Man Overboard Throwable, New 2018
- Island Spirit
- Saint Augustine, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Moon River
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Phil Southwell
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 37 ft - 11.28 meter
- 37 ft - 11.28 meter
- 22 ft 1 in - 6.73 meter
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 11 in - 1.19 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 62 ft 6 in - 19.05 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 27 (Individual), 54 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 80 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 145 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
EYS Sales Team 14 Listing(s)
QUICK SEARCH BY:
2008 Fountaine Pajot Mahe 36Key West, FL, US $169,000
1995 Island Packet 40Saint Augustine, FL, US $129,900
1998 Luhrs ConvertibleDania Beach, FL, US $119,999
2003 Aventure Sportster Power CatamaranFort Myers, FL, US $249,000
1999 Sea Ray 450 Express BridgeCocoa, FL, US $145,000
1987 Hatteras MY Stabilized Bow ThrusterNorth East, MD, US $249,900
2004 Rodman 41Aventura, FL, US $175,000
2002 Carver 404 Cockpit Motor YachtGulf Shores, AL, US $109,900
1988 Carver 4207Unknown, FL, US $98,500
2001 Cruisers Yachts 5000 Sedan SportCharleston, SC, US $275,000
1987 Hatteras 63 Cockpit MotoryachtPensacola, FL, US $375,000
2005 Beneteau Cyclades 43Fort Lauderdale, FL, US $109,900
2005 Bertram 450 ConvertiblePensacola, FL, US $385,000
2015 American Tug 485 FlybridgeStuart, FL, US $899,000
1999 Catamaran Berkstresser Boats 60Port Richey, FL, US $419,900
2007 Sea Ray 44 Sedan BridgePunta Gorda, FL, US $259,000
2011 Regal Sports CoupeFort Lauderdale, FL, US $310,000
1991 Hatteras Cockpit Motor YachtGloucester, MA, US $299,900
2010 Pursuit 315 OSPunta Gorda, FL, US $169,000